Ticket Competitions

cb4747

Finally had a chance to look at all the Helen and Phil comments! I feel sorry for whoever wins if they aren't Helen or Phil, there are gonna be alot of annoyed supporters!  (As I type this I'm still hoping I win)

Edited by Wrex

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Wrex said:

Finally had a chance to look at all the Helen and Phil comments! I feel sorry for whoever wins if they aren't Helen or Phil, there are gonna be alot of annoyed supporters!  (As I type this I m still hoping I win ;-) )

I'm sort of assuming they'll pick the winner fairly quickly as it's just a random draw from FB/Instagram-but it almost seems like they'll have a dilemma now aha. As prizes are technically non-transferable, does this mean that those entries are actually valid? Will the winner have to disable their facebook account? WHEN WILL I GET A TICKET? these are the questions

Just now, drraoulduke said:

Hahaha - No chance it was wall to wall Helen and Phil

Maybe we're in luck and the social media lackey is feeling particularly spiteful. 

Horrible if what those commenters were saying was true though-imagine having your ticket all booked and sorted and then See cancels it anyway! Can't believe they wouldn't be able to rectify that to be honest. 

28 minutes ago, drraoulduke said:

There's hope yet!!!! 

I spoke to the company after seeing the amount of 'nominations'. They said that unfortunately it would be that person who commented who would win the tickets. It wasn't a nomination competition. I do hope they win though, for the companies sake otherwise they will have a lot of angry people haha

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I spoke to the company after seeing the amount of 'nominations'. They said that unfortunately it would be that person who commented who would win the tickets. It wasn't a nomination competition. I do hope they win though, for the companies sake otherwise they will have a lot of angry people haha

That's the problem! If they discount all the 'nominations' (as technically even if that post gets picked it doesn't follow the t&cs of why you should win the tickets), then they sort of have a choice-whether to pick randomly as they said they would (there's probably still a good chance that that couple will win) or to just go with one of that couple. If they pick the couple it looks a bit like favouritism either way-if they don't then hundreds of people will be very disappointing. 

Reasons to clamp down on incorrect entries to start off with to be honest. 

Just now, uscore said:

Intriguingly the original t+c's did not say the commentator had to be one of the ticket winners. They changed the wording after the competition had started

I think that the original one still said it was non-transferable though? I.e. the same condition but not as obvious

50 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

That's the problem! If they discount all the 'nominations' (as technically even if that post gets picked it doesn't follow the t&cs of why you should win the tickets), then they sort of have a choice-whether to pick randomly as they said they would (there's probably still a good chance that that couple will win) or to just go with one of that couple. If they pick the couple it looks a bit like favouritism either way-if they don't then hundreds of people will be very disappointing. 

Reasons to clamp down on incorrect entries to start off with to be honest. 

I bet they definitely had a discussion over it. If I were running the competition I would have clarified in the terms and conditions. I haven't seen any posts of heard from anyone who has won yet. 

5 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I do just want to say a big thanks for everyone sticking around still. I've actually met some great people on this forum! (Not @Michaelgball though he's the worst, avoid that guy :rolleyes:)

If we don't end up going we should get together and have a party during the festival! Fu.. Em!

Edited by Katir

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I bet they definitely had a discussion over it. If I were running the competition I would have clarified in the terms and conditions. I haven't seen any posts of heard from anyone who has won yet. 

Neither-normally in these ones I see them comment under the winning person's post? I don't know if they'll take a while to decide which route to go OR just not bother at all 

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I do just want to say a big thanks for everyone sticking around still. I've actually met some great people on this forum! 

Agreed! This would all be a lot more hollow and uninteresting if it weren't for everyone's persistence. Still hoping there are more victories in this thread to come, even if it can't be every single one of us. 

1 hour ago, Katir said:

If we don't end up going we should get together and have a party during the festival! Fu.. Em!

36 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Totally agree. If we make it we definitely need a meet up!!!

A self-commiserations drink/meet! It would be jolly good fun to put names to faces. Even more fun to see you all next year at Glastonbury! 

30 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Neither-normally in these ones I see them comment under the winning person's post? I don't know if they'll take a while to decide which route to go OR just not bother at all 

I don't think they will publicly announce the winner on this one, surely they wouldn't. Too many people to potentially upset. They may just pick someone who is totally random and privately contact them. On to the next comp, fingers crossed for ee winners! 

Hey Lovely People, just wanted to stick my head in and say good luck with the competitions and any secret resales.  I'm still entered into a few, but by some miracle, yesterday I've managed to source some work at Glasto this year through the longest shot friend of a friend.  Hope you're all lucky too. 

Big Love

Neil

6 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

Hey Lovely People, just wanted to stick my head in and say good luck with the competitions and any secret resales.  I'm still entered into a few, but by some miracle, yesterday I've managed to source some work at Glasto this year through the longest shot friend of a friend.  Hope you're all lucky too. 

Big Love

Neil

Well Done to you! :) 

34 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

A self-commiserations drink/meet! It would be jolly good fun to put names to faces. Even more fun to see you all next year at Glastonbury! 

I don't think they will publicly announce the winner on this one, surely they wouldn't. Too many people to potentially upset. They may just pick someone who is totally random and privately contact them. On to the next comp, fingers crossed for ee winners! 

Definitely would be great to put faces to names. Anyone doing any other festivals? I should be going to bestival and maybe beat hearder 

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I do just want to say a big thanks for everyone sticking around still. I've actually met some great people on this forum! 

I will keep an eye out on the forum the couple mentioned formed, I have been a member on there for a long time, not been active for years though!

Still routing for my buddies on here!! :)