I GOT A RESALE TICKET!!!!!!!

thenavyone

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a surreal experience this morning.  Because of the delivery address issue (which had completely escaped me until somebody pointed it out to me yesterday), we were trying for a ticket for my daughter's boyfriend and then planned, if we could, to try for others.  There were four of us trying for the first ticket in two locations, four different IPs, each of us with three devices.  Every one got straight through to the holding page and, unusually in my experience, none were kicked off onto the blank screen of death at any point.  All pressed F5 as fast as we could but there was no movement until, at 9.12, my iPad using safari got through to the registration number page.  I entered the reg details and then completely f**ked up the payment page.  Pressed submit because I didn't know I'd f**ked it up and got the "tickets sold out" message.   Then, for reasons beyond understanding - though probably because I simply couldn't stop my hands from moving - I pressed back again and then refresh again and got through to the registration page again!  Entered the details and noticed the mistake I'd made earlier, didn't make it again - despite my hands shaking ridiculously - pressed submit again and got the booking confirmed page.  

Just goes to show how much it is all just down to pure luck.  If I'd been thinking straight I probably would have given up at the "sold out" notice.   I feel really sorry for the others we would have been trying for - they didn't manage to get theirs - but so thrilled for the daughter's boyfriend who only missed out in the main sale because he was too embarrassed at the time to tell us that his registration had not been accepted which he thought (bless him) was because he was deemed not handsome enough.  

12 minutes ago, mandolin said:

We had a surreal experience this morning.  Because of the delivery address issue (which had completely escaped me until somebody pointed it out to me yesterday), we were trying for a ticket for my daughter's boyfriend and then planned, if we could, to try for others.  There were four of us trying for the first ticket in two locations, four different IPs, each of us with three devices.  Every one got straight through to the holding page and, unusually in my experience, none were kicked off onto the blank screen of death at any point.  All pressed F5 as fast as we could but there was no movement until, at 9.12, my iPad using safari got through to the registration number page.  I entered the reg details and then completely f**ked up the payment page.  Pressed submit because I didn't know I'd f**ked it up and got the "tickets sold out" message.   Then, for reasons beyond understanding - though probably because I simply couldn't stop my hands from moving - I pressed back again and then refresh again and got through to the registration page again!  Entered the details and noticed the mistake I'd made earlier, didn't make it again - despite my hands shaking ridiculously - pressed submit again and got the booking confirmed page.  

Just goes to show how much it is all just down to pure luck.  If I'd been thinking straight I probably would have given up at the "sold out" notice.   I feel really sorry for the others we would have been trying for - they didn't manage to get theirs - but so thrilled for the daughter's boyfriend who only missed out in the main sale because he was too embarrassed at the time to tell us that his registration had not been accepted which he thought (bless him) was because he was deemed not handsome enough.  

I had the same thing at the same time, only without the happy ending. First the 'tickets unavailable' message and after continually hitting proceed finally got the choose tickets page. And that was as far as I got. Clicking buy just took me to the main 'tickets have now sold out' page, that's all I got until the session timed out. 

It's always worth persevering but this year it just didn't happen for me. 

13 minutes ago, musky said:

I had the same thing at the same time, only without the happy ending. First the 'tickets unavailable' message and after continually hitting proceed finally got the choose tickets page. And that was as far as I got. Clicking buy just took me to the main 'tickets have now sold out' page, that's all I got until the session timed out. 

It's always worth persevering but this year it just didn't happen for me. 

Sorry to hear that.  Will you be able to try in the secret resales?  Because of work I, unfortunately, won't be able to help but I'm sure others on here might.  Good luck.

First time I've failed in the resales, I guess I'm gonna have to dedicate most of May to monitoring the website! I got through straight away on Thursday and entered my card details only to get the error page. I knew from this forum that this wasn't the end of the world and all I had to do was go back but for some bizarre reason I decided that the fact that I accidentally put my boyfriend's registration in first making him the lead booker, that my card details wouldn't work. Went back and joined a neverending queue :(

It's so much worse knowing that it's my own fault, congratulations to those who didn't mess up!

43 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Sorry to hear that.  Will you be able to try in the secret resales?  Because of work I, unfortunately, won't be able to help but I'm sure others on here might.  Good luck.

Cheers. :)

Yeah, I'm going to give the resale a try but more often than not I'm not in the office so it'll be down to using my phone. Not ideal but needs must!

Don't give up hope folks. A few years ago I did the usual tactics of multiple computers and friends trying for tickets and missed out in both the Autumn and Spring sales

I thought chance had gone but got message from Glastonbury Twitter account some secret sales were going on sale and got through on a poor 3G signal whilst parked in a lay by

Think it's all down to luck and keeping trying and hoping the ticket gods are looking down on you

45 minutes ago, sirdannytee said:

I still have no confirmation email, should  start worrying? 

Side note, it wasn't me who booked it, does that make a difference?

Don't start worrying yet - it takes some time for some to come through and there seems little rhyme or reason why that is the case.  Check your junk email first, if there' nothing there, try to get the booking reference number from whoever bought the ticket (or anyone else who was lucky at the same time).  Once you have that, you can go to Seetickets customer service and enter the booking reference and your post code and you'll be able to see (hopefully) that you are safe!

8 hours ago, Konstantina said:

Thank you once again for your huge help and genuine care. This is the wonderful person who ensured two twins will go to their first Glastonbury together: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/profile/248788-hattersboy/

It's all about the twins. I'm so sorry I couldn't be the twin who got the twin a ticket. Enjoy x

Edited by Guest