DDave

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:
8 hours ago, Fearghal said:

Hello all!

Just seeing the tents have sold out for the camping relax site and I stupidly waited until now to try and get one. Would I get one OK in Hasselt and it is it convenient to get to and from the town from the festival? Travelling over from Ireland so don't really fancy lugging one the whole way haha.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before! First timer and all that :lol:

https://www.sportsdirect.com/hasseltswbe-store-0522

The sports direct in Hasselt is probably your best bet for a tent. 10 minute walk from Hasselt station. They'd have the pop up ones there i'd imagine.

If you don't find any in the centre there's a big decathlon a couple minutes out the road  with a bus or taxi, They have loads of tents there ( was there yesterday)

21 hours ago, Semprini said:

They will accept them on your phone (and your festival ticket too) but as Dave said it's not a bad idea to have them printed as back up. I've saved mine in ibooks and you can access the documents even when the phone is in airplane mode.

Looks like a few of the times have adjusted slightly. Snakehips are losing 15 mins (which is going to Charlotte de Witte) MK has lost half an hour to Palms Trax.

This local TV station has a few reports from the festival. It's obviously all in Dutch but plenty of images of the site. There's a couple of reports on the metal detectors they'll be using. Got 26 in all and everyone will need to go through one before entering the arena. Guess it will be the same as airports in that everything will have to come out of pockets before stepping through (belts off but doubt you'd have to remove shoes too?) . Will make smuggling booze virtually impossible and anything else more difficult. It's gonna slow entry down but who knows by how much?

http://www.tvl.be/zoek?term=Pukkelpop

Ir there are 26 metal detectors and everybody has to pass through The detector like in an airport, how can 60.000 people enter in the fields?

Imagine that every minute 10 people cross each detector (optimistic calculation 1 people/each 6 seconds), so every minute 260 people will enter in the festival. So every hour only 15.000 people can enter... Can u imagine The queues? So you need 4 hours to let 60.000 people enter, suposing that one person enter through each detector every 6 seconds, and that nobody goes out and enter again. Think that youngest crowd are drinking in the camping and going out and in lot Of times per day... 

What's your opinion about this? I am really worried about queues.

Edited by johnybegood

45 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Ir there are 26 metal detectors and everybody has to pass through The detector like in an airport, how can 60.000 people enter in the fields?

Imagine that every minute 10 people cross each detector (optimistic calculation 1 people/each 6 seconds), so every minute 260 people will enter in the festival. So every hour only 15.000 people can enter... Can u imagine The queues? So you need 4 hours to let 60.000 people enter, suposing that one person enter through each detector every 6 seconds, and that nobody goes out and enter again. Think that youngest crowd are drinking in the camping and going out and in lot Of times per day... 

What's your opinion about this? I am really worried about queues.

Hi everyone

I've been to Rock Werchter and there were metal detector too...you had to put every metal/ liquid in a plastic bag, the security looked into your bag and then you passed through the metal detector...it was quite easy and fast to come in...no queues and any kind of problem :):) 

Edited by alan_ts

3 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

The new bus route however. Good grief, it goes both literally and figuratively all round the houses. Takes ages to get to the Festival from Hasselt. Going to try it again today and if it's a drag we'll be getting a  Taxi thereafter. 

Almost one hour by shuttle bus to reach the festival yesterday with no traffic. Unbeliveable

22 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

The new bus route however. Good grief, it goes both literally and figuratively all round the houses. Takes ages to get to the Festival from Hasselt. Going to try it again today and if it's a drag we'll be getting a  Taxi thereafter. 

Fucks sake. As if it wasn't bad enough before. The train there is still the easy option though isn't it?

Quite happy sharing a cab to cut costs if you want to meet up mate.

Queue was a farce. Queued for about half an hour, then they just gave up on the metal detectors and waved everyone in. Need to support their shit out this year. On the plus, got one of the regular City busses to the festival, free, less than 10 minutes ride from Hasselt then just walk up from Keiwit station. Easy. 

This year I've seen 2 british couples in Express By Holiday Inn in Hasselt that I've seen lot of years here. One is tall with a blonde wife and The other is shorter with also his wife, and I saw both couples saying hello to the other close to he elevator on wednesday afternoon... Are u any of them? Just to say hello to you tomorrow in the breakfast!!

Edited by johnybegood

This year there is at least 30% less people in the festival that the last time I went (2014).

Main Stage almost empty in Wolfmother, EODM and LSP... I was quite near the front part of the stage in that 3 shows and I had lot of space around me. I could go for a beer so I could check how empty was Main Stage.

Best for me last night: Masdodon.

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

This year there is at least 30% less people in the festival that the last time I went (2014).

Main Stage almost empty in Wolfmother, EODM and LSP... I was quite near the front part of the stage in that 3 shows and I had lot of space around me. I could go for a beer so I could check how empty was Main Stage.

Best for me last night: Masdodon.

Really?  Thought it was very busy personally, the likes of Tom Odell and Good Charlotte and even Wolfmother has large crowds. Think tonight will be the quietest night. Hopeful for a big, up for it crowd for the Chems.

13 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Craig David winning so far today, closely followed by Jamie Woon. 

Craig David was absolutely brilliant. Never thought I'd be typing that sentence. Jess Glynne a close second. Chems were solid. Noel G was great but what a small crowd (see pic). Got to the front row in about a minute. He was obviously a bit narked at the size of the crowd and lack of participation. Thee Oh Sees were great as well. 

IMAG1676.jpg

Edited by DiscothequeDave