Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be my first time at the festival this year, is it worth upgrading to one of the campsites? I understand that with basic camping you can pretty much camp anywhere on the island? I'll be pitching around 7 tents but won't be arriving until 2pm on the 10th of August. Will I struggle to find a decent spot?

If you arrive at 2pm the 10th you surely won't find a shady spot for all the 7 tents if you want those tents to be close to each other. If you don't mind to camp close to you friend there'll be no problem to find a shady spot for every single tent after some good research, but if you all want to camp close, arriving so "late", maybe it's better an upgrade camping. I recommend Alternativa Camping in this case ;)

Hi,

I went to Sziget last year and thanks to my friend who got there earlier i had a spot (I was in a hammock anyways so didn't take up much space). I it was ok i guess. Close to the colosseum right next to king pizza and the showers. However it was quite noisy. Does anyone know what are the best spots to camp?I want it to be close to the main stage (and A38) cause thats where i spent most of my time and went back to my place quite often and rather have a bit of noise than having to walk too much. I usually went to sleep at 2-3 am and the area at the end of the main stage after the bungee and artsy trees seemed quiet and close to the shower. Any other recommendations? If you could show it on the map that would be great.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 01.03.16.jp2

Also,

If you want to get around Budapest by public transport you should get a monthly pass. It costs around € 30 but you can use if for 30 days (important for those who want to stay for a few days in Budapest after Sziget).

Plus anyone who has a EU or Swiss student card (uni, high school etc.) can get the monthly student pass what is only € 10.           (in details: http://www.bkk.hu/en/monthly-budapest-pass-for-students-2/ )

You can get these passes (along with a 10-ticket pack for € 10 if you don't want to travel a lot, although it takes 4 tickets to get to Sziget from the airport) at any BKK (or BKV, it's the same thing) machine (big purple machines with touch screen). There is one at the Airport as well from where you can take the 200E bus to Kőbánya and then the M3 metro to Deák what is the city centre.

For more info go to http://www.bkk.hu/en/ 

Lastly, taxis must operate at a fixed rate and only the ones painted yellow and that have a taxi lamp and BKK sticker are legit ones. Other ones operate illegal and will most likely charge you a higher price (it might also happen with a legit taxi so be careful). Uber costs about half the price of a taxi and i prefer it however, there have been strikes by taxi drivers against Uber so now it is considered to be illegal and if caught, drivers can get their driving licences taken away (its messed up, you can't get into trouble only the driver. i'd still use uber over taxi any time though)

If you have any other questions about transportation or Budapest in general just ask me.

Last year we camped there. Close to the main stage and world music stage, very central and lots of trees (beautifully decorated). Biggest problem is the VIP area (different from VIP camping) close to it, and the music goes on 'till late in the night.

campingspot.JPG

Thanks. I like the central location. When did you guys go to sziget so you could take that spot? I don't mind buying the 3 day move in ticket but i rather not if it is not necessary.

I think the picture before didn't work so here it is again. Sorry I'm new to this forum.

sziget map.jpg

Edited by scarcity