Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and only Rammstein (increased day ticket for them) and Muse (gonna sell out anyway, especially with Sigur Ros on that day) would cost a lot... I don't think that Noel, Massive Attack or the DJ's take that much.

It's also realistic but my only doubt would be over Kendrick (someone shit instead of him), and RHCP/Rammstein. I also don't know if Sziget are ready to offer a headline slot to Massive Attack...

Any guess for when's the next announcement? :) Balaton has announced last week already.

Agree Rammstein and Noel could be fairly likely, both are in Europe during that time and have a convenient gap

Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy as possibilities? (Forgive me I don't know how big they are in Europe)
I notice Fall Out Boy come over to Europe for Reading and Leeds the week after Sziget, I'd be surprised if they weren't playing elsewhere prior to then

Biffy Clyro are free I believe and by the looks are going to be heading that way roughly

Chase and Status must also be a possibility, again don't know how big they are in Europe

The Weeknd for a pop headliner? 

Edited by meepmoop

4 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Agree Rammstein and Noel could be fairly likely, both are in Europe during that time and have a convenient gap

Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy as possibilities? (Forgive me I don't know how big they are in Europe)
I notice Fall Out Boy come over to Europe for Reading and Leeds the week after Sziget, I'd be surprised if they weren't playing elsewhere prior to then

Biffy Clyro are free I believe and by the looks are going to be heading that way roughly

Chase and Status must also be a possibility, again don't know how big they are in Europe

Imagine Dragons are a R&L european exclusive. I don't think that FOB could headline.

Biffy Clyro subbing Rammstein would be the dream :D

Chase & Status could play in the party arena, and The Weeknd... I really hope not!

5 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

I think that Imagine Dragons are europe-exclusive for Reading/Leeds

Chase and Status are at Strand so in Hungary so I don't think that they are a possibility 

7 hours ago, ilbeyene said:

Actually I really hope that with Guetta and the End Show + Bastille as a sub we don't get any other pop headliner. But who knows. Sia is playing Øya, Way out west and Flow between 12 and 14 aug, and as she can't play the 16 cos we already have TLSP + End Show and she's not big enough for day-1, maybe she won't be at Sziget. I really have no idea of what's going to happen on the pop side.

I think unfortunately we're nailed on to have Rihanna on day -1... She's playing Vienna on Tuesday the 9th and has space in her tour to do the Wednsday at Sziget a la Robbie Williams last year. She'd certainly sell a lot of day tickets, so hopefully they wouldn't need to spend any of the budget for the remaining days getting her. You couldn't blame Sziget for getting Rihanna if they can, as I am sure lots of people would want to see her.

Hopefully i'm wrong, but I imagine they'd announce her in the next announcement if she is going to play, to sell the day -1 tickets. Fingers crossed they will announce some good acts for the undercard in the next announcement!

From the acts who are around in August i'd like to see The Chemical brothers (especially playing LIVE would be an epic ending show!), Disclosure, RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Skindred, Jurassic 5, new order, the offspring, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, Faithless, Massive attack, Fatboy slim, Radiohead

Could be a shout with Rhianna but with the exception of those V Festival dates there's nothing on those tour dates which are on consecutive days.

Could go either way I guess. 

I do concur The Chemical Brothers would be an amazing end show. Unfortunately, the habit of playing their own music live (ish) and doing more than just pushing buttons on a laptop, and having a light show more than a few lasers probably rules them out of that. 

I am also really really hoping for The Chemical Brothers - their 'live' show is just spectacular every time. They never let me down. This is the one I am crossing my fingers for!

other than that I would love to see Hot Chip & Rudimental. Example would be fun. Calvin Harris - DJ set would be great. I have no idea if any of these are ruled out by recent appearances at Sziget because I haven't followed previous bills closely enough, but any of these would be great for me.

35 minutes ago, amfy said:

I am also really really hoping for The Chemical Brothers - their 'live' show is just spectacular every time. They never let me down. This is the one I am crossing my fingers for!

other than that I would love to see Hot Chip & Rudimental. Example would be fun. Calvin Harris - DJ set would be great. I have no idea if any of these are ruled out by recent appearances at Sziget because I haven't followed previous bills closely enough, but any of these would be great for me.

HAH! 

Believe me... nothing is ruled out by by recent appearances at Sziget. Sometimes I think they'd be quite happy to book the same lineup every year. As I alluded to... they definitely have their favourites. Anti-Flag, Beatsteaks, Skunk Anansie. The Subways, Pavrov Stelar, Leningrad, etc etc. 

45 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Could be a shout with Rhianna but with the exception of those V Festival dates there's nothing on those tour dates which are on consecutive days.

Could go either way I guess. 

I do concur The Chemical Brothers would be an amazing end show. Unfortunately, the habit of playing their own music live (ish) and doing more than just pushing buttons on a laptop, and having a light show more than a few lasers probably rules them out of that. 

The Rihanna theory actually make sense. I believe that tomorrow we'll know who's on day -1 anyway.

Some of my hopes for tomorrow: Die Antwoord, The 1975, Massive Attack, Biffy, Travis, Kaiser Chiefs

Some names may have leaked... saw it on another forum. Not sure if it's legit but it looks like it.

• Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
  • SIA
  • Crystal Castles
  • Aurora
  • Jake Bugg
  • Oscar and the Wolf
  • Molotov
  • Unkle Live
  • Travis Scott
  • JAIN
  • Wilkinson live
  • Excision
  • Dyro
  • Tourist
  • Die Nerven (D)
  • Isolation Berlin (D)
  • Fatoni (D)
  • Gastarbeiter DJ Set (D)
  • Abu(CH)
  • Palace Winter (DK)

Will wait for the confirmation tomorrow to give my feedback :) 

I think she'll come to Europe after her date in Israel (11 august). She already has a gig confirmed on the 13th in Sweden and the 14th in Finland. I guess she'll sub the end show on the 16th, but I doubt she will headline the 10th, go to Israel and come back to Scandinavia. 

We'll know tomorrow.

Quimby and Jake Bugg will play on the Main Stage. Oscar and the Wolf may have the opening slot, but I think he is more A38 material. Molotov World Stage like 2012 (Quimby were headlining World Stage in 2012, who knows...), Excision and Dyro Party Arena and all the rest A38.