Gazebo's

Mouseboy11

Head to the green fields then, there's loads of covered space and good cheap food and it's a better experience than sitting in a group of two enjoying noodles in a space where you talk to no-one, feeling selfish because you've made someone walk another mile with 30kg on their back for the purposes of your excessive land grab.

The point I was making is that since Glastonbury have asked people not to bring them, they are hardly a problem anymore, but if people start thinking they are necessary for shade again, the numbers will start to rise again. The vast majority of people didn't use them this year and managed fine without them.

I thought the number of massive tents had gone down, but it probably differs from field to field.

I once went to a friend's 6 man tent where the centre part was as big as my 4 man tent. There was only 3 of them staying in it too. It was crazy.

We camped in the far back corner of oxylers which, as everyone pointed out when seeing the overhead photos, always has space all festival. But this year it was jam packed from Wednesday evening.

There were some gigantic tents up including the biggest tent I've ever seen anywhere. I wished I'd taken a photo. There was also a group who had massive tents with enough space to sit in the middle, then they had a gazeebo as well.

Huge tents take up more space per person than gazeebos do in my eyes.

The point I was making is that since Glastonbury have asked people not to bring them, they are hardly a problem anymore, but if people start thinking they are necessary for shade again, the numbers will start to rise again. The vast majority of people didn't use them this year and managed fine without them.

Fair play, encouraging people not to bring them is the stance that should continue. We've taken the same Bo to Glasto for six festivals now and I've had to lug it in and out as my tent is smaller so carry less weight. Hardly fair, but hey, we want a Bo, we put the effort in and 20 people use it. That's why a Bo tax for charity would be a great idea. Then small groups wouldn't do it.

It was always going to, I warned GFL of that earlier this year. People just need to not take the piss. I'm in a one man tent, that pretty much allows sleeping and changing lying on your back. Some people including people in our group have evolved to a whole 2-3 man pod for themselves.

Same here.  I've got enough space for an airbed, my rucksacks and some crap all over the floor, and a tiny porch bit to keep muddy boots in.  So long as I can crawl in, pass out, wake up, roll up and dress I'm happy.  Guys were grumbling about trying to fit us all around the same spot, but they all had 3 or 4 man tents and only one was a couple.  Madness.