Kopperberg out Bulmers in!

Lowther Calling

Don't mind either but gotta say the elderflower and lime cider was lovely from the Koppaberg bar. Not too sure about the lump of cucumber floating in it mind and judging by the pile of cucumber next to the bar neither where many other people.

Brothers is ok, better when it wasn't the commercial venture it is now.

I'm a fan of the thatchers stuff if i had a choice!

I'd still count the bulmers apple as proper cider, where the kopperberg is just a sticky mess! (and this is the first time in a long time without it!)

Cider reminds me of being a kid sat on street corners...it therefore reminds me of the smell of sick when I had too much of it so can't go near the stuff now.

Last time I was at Wickerman they were dishing out Jeremiah Weed which i got addicted to for that weekend...if its red hot its hugely refreshing!

Well Magners is shyte, and is a result of clever marketing.

Kopparberg is kids pop to me... 

Bulmers is usually similarly priced to Strongbow (which there is nothing wrong with as a session cider)

Yeah I mean I'm not a regular cider drinker but have a few in the summer and to break up the ale at a festival.

I can drink them all but never think "i'm glad they have this over Strongbow" - Coming from an era/area that Bow was the only Cider option for years. Bulmers tends to be in the pint bottles round me so are £4-£4.50 whereas Strongbow is £3-£3.30

I find Bulmer’s to be a bit tastier than Magners or Strongbow but that’s not really that hard! If they are selling the full accompaniment then we are in for a treat as the more fruity ones are real hangover sorters, I’ll be a bit disappointed if its only apple or pear. Hopefully they will have learnt their lesson from the cider in the real ale tent last year and put a lot more on! I spent quite a bit of the day time in the Kopparberg hut last year, the elderflower and cloudberry Kopparberg were great imo, and the dj was playing some awesome tunes so I’m a little disappointed it won’t be returning. Ideally they will keep the hut and just change what they serve!

Rama, there was an Aspalls cider tent a few years ago, 2010 or 2011 i think or both.

As far as decent cider goes from the commercial producers, Thatchers are one of the better companies but avoid Thatchers gold which is what you find in most pubs on draft. I really like Sheppys cider. Lots of different apples and different strengths.

Beautiful Days have loads of great ciders straight from the barrel at normal pub prices. Some are 8 or 9%. I lost a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon last time I went in 2012.