Next time I will...

budvar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time I will...

Not take a Rolls Royce at 9pm on the Wednesday then end up "coming to my senses" at 2.30am in one of the car parks outside of the festival between Gates A & D.

I was spangled.

I told my friends I was going back to the campervan (east camper fields so needed to use gate c) How did I end up on the opposite side of the site?

I had no pass out - I don't remember anything from about 10pm so have no idea if I went out of gate I was supposed to or? How the f**k did I not have a pass out?!

This made it a bugger to get back in. Although went to some portacabin where the two loveliest ladies you could wish to meet in such a state sorted me out.

Surely one of a select few people who have managed to smuggle themselves out of the festival!

Got to laugh :L

Next time I will...

Not take a Rolls Royce at 9pm on the Wednesday then end up "coming to my senses" at 2.30am in one of the car parks outside of the festival between Gates A & D.

I was spangled.

I told my friends I was going back to the campervan (east camper fields so needed to use gate c) How did I end up on the opposite side of the site?

I had no pass out - I don't remember anything from about 10pm so have no idea if I went out of gate I was supposed to or? How the f**k did I not have a pass out?!

This made it a bugger to get back in. Although went to some portacabin where the two loveliest ladies you could wish to meet in such a state sorted me out.

Surely one of a select few people who have managed to smuggle themselves out of the festival!

Got to laugh :L

Lol, I was working on Gate C & can confirm that you were not alone in escaping the festival without a passout & not remembering why you didn't have one!

I'm sorry you had to treck all the way back up the hill to sort it out!

• 11 months later...
On 6/29/2015 at 2:01 PM, donkeykong said:

Take the kids, who will be 5.5 and 2.5 then. The wife has decreed it so therefore it will happen, although (tickets depending) quite looking forward to a different experience

@donkeykong - Don't forget the kids!

On 6/29/2015 at 2:08 PM, ICGenie said:

Avoid Gate D for me too!

Get a massage (I say this every year...)

Get some comfy insoles for my boots (or at least take the ones that I left in my wellies at home...)

@ICGenie - Don't forget to actually get that massage this year!

On 6/30/2015 at 2:10 PM, Chazwozza said:

...remember where in the house I dropped my car keys after arriving home, so I don't have to spend the next 36 hours looking for the bloody things.  It must have looked to the rest of the family as if I was in the grip of some horrendous post-Glasto comedown/bad trip......

@Chazwozza - Don't forget where you've put the car keys...

On 6/30/2015 at 2:46 PM, Bonneville88 said:

Bring sun cream.

Bring fancy dress.

Drive up - the rail and ride is horrendous, especially when scorching hot.

Get there earlier on the weds.

Bring more beer.

Go more wild on the Weds night, it really was the only night I wasn't completely knackered for.

Spend more time with the random people I meet.

@Bonneville88 - Don't forget the fancy dress or extra beer

On 6/30/2015 at 3:21 PM, kellly said:

Take less stuff (i say this every year)

Use gate A again

Meet Mr Eavis (something else i say every year :( )

@kellly - Don't forget to bring less stuff and spend some time stalking Eavis

On 6/30/2015 at 3:25 PM, Glastobuddy said:

Purchase a decent 4 wheel trolley

Take less crap with me

Go to the smaller stages more often

Get to the naughty corner before the crush

@Glastobuddy - Don't forget to buy the trolley

On 6/30/2015 at 5:32 PM, yellowsnow said:

Take more socks. Get a better rain mac. Take cotton/lightweight clothes for the hot weather. Take less make up - didn't give a crap after the Thursday (I just covered myself in glitter instead)... Don't mix drinks. Visit the circus fields more. 

@yellowsnow - Don't forget to bring more socks!

On 6/30/2015 at 5:48 PM, TheBurns said:

These guys were fantastic! So glad we stumbled across them!

As for myself:

-take less stuff

-probably arrive early wednesday instead of tuesday night considering where we camped still had lots of room thursday

-get a hotel for monday so we dont have to travel back to Ireland

@TheBurns - Don't forget to book the hotel!