Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 minute ago, Stuielooie said:

They could easily play Leeds on Fri and Reading on Sunday. Even a small full blown set in the middle of the day.

Wouldn't be a very good secret set for Reading if they played Leeds two days before. The secret set usually only play Reading, atleast in recent years they have.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Wouldn't be a very good secret set for Reading if they played Leeds two days before. The secret set usually only play Reading, atleast in recent years they have.

I agree, I'd prefer them on the Friday at Reading. Its just because of the day splits Leeds Fri = Reading Sun - but they don't have to follow those correct day splits like Foals did last year.

EDIT: Although acoustic on Reading Friday FR Stage? I could even see them filling out the NME tent at midday though.

Edited by Stuielooie

7 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I agree, I'd prefer them on the Friday at Reading. Its just because of the day splits Leeds Fri = Reading Sun - but they don't have to follow those correct day splits like Foals did last year.

EDIT: Although acoustic on Reading Friday FR Stage? I could even see them filling out the NME tent at midday though.

Catfish could easily fill out midday NME tent. No doubt about that. Is it a coincidence that they only have 1 gig on that weekend (Saturday Newcastle) suggests maybe that they'll play reading on the Friday and Leeds on the Sunday? Maybe the other way round. If it is going to happen, it'll be like foals' last year. So midday/early afternoon, although I'll think they'll get a much bigger crowd than foals did.

9 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

There's no way that catfish will play an acoustic set at Reading and Leeds. It's either gonna be a full set or nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jud8 said:

There's no way that catfish will play an acoustic set at Reading and Leeds. It's either gonna be a full set or nothing.

I'm hoping for a full set, but just saw a gap on clashfinder - however its waaaay to early to be using this for clashes/spaces.

I'm really hoping it is a Friday between 12-2pm NME tent set.

Foals are my favourite band, but the performance from Catfish in the NME tent last year was probably my favourite set of the day.

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I'm hoping for a full set, but just saw a gap on clashfinder - however its waaaay to early to be using this for clashes/spaces.

I'm really hoping it is a Friday between 12-2pm NME tent set.

Foals are my favourite band, but the performance from Catfish in the NME tent last year was probably my favourite set of the day.

Agreed. The set catfish produced last year left me astonished that they're not playing this year (hence why I think they're gonna do a secret set). Don't think they'll ever play a set like that again. Best set of the weekend in my opinion. For me, it has to be in the NME, because even though it's gonna be 'secret', they'll still pack it out. Clashfider is alright, but think we need to wait until like official timings are relased, but I think catfish are going to do it, just a matter of where and when.

I don't understand the hype behind Catfish and the Bottlemen personally but part of me thinks that they aren't the secret set. Given their popularity you'd think that they would have been booked outright. I mean almost every post on the Reading and Leeds Twitter account is full of replies from people moaning that they aren't there.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Catfish subbing minimum at R&L next year. I'm not surprised everyone is moaning they aren't on the bill as the festival is perfect for them to be honest and they are amazing live!

I'm a fan, but subbing AT LEAST? So you're saying either subbing or headlining lol. Think they'll be in a courteeners sort of position, maybe subbing at most. 

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Catfish subbing minimum at R&L next year. I'm not surprised everyone is moaning they aren't on the bill as the festival is perfect for them to be honest and they are amazing live!

40 minutes ago, AJGLC said:

I don't understand the hype behind Catfish and the Bottlemen personally but part of me thinks that they aren't the secret set. Given their popularity you'd think that they would have been booked outright. I mean almost every post on the Reading and Leeds Twitter account is full of replies from people moaning that they aren't there.

Yes that's the point. The fact they aren't there, considering they're pretty much doing every other festival apart from Reading and Leeds is odd. Especially as they have a new album out. Also, they were one of the best sets of the weekend last year so don't see why they wouldn't book them for this year. It is strange as they haven't announced them as they would've contributed significantly to ticket sales. Another point, who else would do the secret set?

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Catfish will play 3rd or NME headline next year. They're not as big as The 1975 and they wouldn't have subbed unless it was under co-headliners.

10 minutes ago, Jud8 said:

Yes that's the point. The fact they aren't there, considering they're pretty much doing every other festival apart from Reading and Leeds is odd. Especially as they have a new album out. Also, they were one of the best sets of the weekend last year so don't see why they wouldn't book them for this year. It is strange as they haven't announced them as they would've contributed significantly to ticket sales. Another point, who else would do the secret set?

I think they're not on the line up because they played 2013, 2014 and 2015.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Have they even done any arena shows yet?

3 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Perhaps Catfish aren't playing this year because they're holding out for a bigger slot next year probably with a 'UK Festival exclusive' tag.

With a UK exclusive festival performance i could see them doing something like Royal Blood/Alt-J co-headline with Catfish as sub. Don't think Catfish are big enough to sub but under co-headliners they could get away with it

Edited by Gozpot

26 minutes ago, AJGLC said:

Have they even done any arena shows yet?

Bournemouth BIC, SECC, Wembley Arena. Derby and Ricoh arena albeit smaller than usual and 3 night Victoria Warehouse Mancheter. Not to mention just like when BMTH did a sole Wembley Arena date and subbed off of it, this is also sold out Standing with only rear lower/upper seating left. Bar Coventry it all looks sold out elsewhere at least on see.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

With a UK exclusive festival performance i could see them doing something like Royal Blood/Alt-J co-headline with Catfish as sub. Don't think Catfish are big enough to sub but under co-headliners they could get away with it

I actually think they are bigger than Royal Blood, who I personally think got hyped up to bigger than what they actually were, whereas I don't think Catfish have been.

I'm not predicting it etc but just putting it out there that I would not be shocked in the end if Catfish actually took a co-headline slot themselves next year, although I expect it to be a sub position, and by that I mean a proper sub position, not a glorified one. 

The fact they aren't on the Reading bill and T and Glasto along with Manchester got decent slot out of them this year, R&L Exclusive is exactly what I feel it'll be. I saw most of their set at Glasto but fro just under £25 I am very tempted by Coventry.

2 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I think they're not on the line up because they played 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Can see it being a secret set slot. Strongly. Especially after they favourited a tweet exactly about it. I don't know though, we'll soon find out.

2 hours ago, RyanS said:

Perhaps Catfish aren't playing this year because they're holding out for a bigger slot next year probably with a 'UK Festival exclusive' tag.

I can't see catfish doing a festival exclusive. Unless they are planning to write/record a second album in spring/summer next year.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Not going to lie. Unless royal blood release some next level album that is massive I can't see them headlining. I think there's more of a chance of catfish co-headlining than royal blood, especially as catfish will have done an arena tour by then.

1 minute ago, Jud8 said:

I can't see catfish doing a festival exclusive. Unless they are planning to write/record a second album in spring/summer next year.

It'll be similar to The Vaccines this year. Played everywhere last Summer on the release of the album and then a year later are R&L exclusives (I think - they're not playing anywhere else major at least), justifying having them in a higher slot.

They won't have booked Catfish so they can bring them back next year as (probably) exclusives and justify giving them a sub slot or something. Wolf Alice could be the same although I'd expect them to release a second album by next Summer so are less likely to be exclusives.

Potentially they could do a secret set but I'm sure what I've said above will be the reason for them not being in an announced slot this year.

And like someone else said, it'd be their fourth year in a row playing.

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually think they are bigger than Royal Blood, who I personally think got hyped up to bigger than what they actually were, whereas I don't think Catfish have been.

I'm not predicting it etc but just putting it out there that I would not be shocked in the end if Catfish actually took a co-headline slot themselves next year, although I expect it to be a sub position, and by that I mean a proper sub position, not a glorified one. 

The fact they aren't on the Reading bill and T and Glasto along with Manchester got decent slot out of them this year, R&L Exclusive is exactly what I feel it'll be. I saw most of their set at Glasto but fro just under £25 I am very tempted by Coventry.

Strongly agree. I believe that unless royal blood release a next level album that is huge, catfish have more of a chance headlining especially having played an arena tour by then. Even if royal blood release a very good album, I can still see catfish taking a co-headline slot. But in reality, I can't see either royal blood or catfish headlining/co-headlining next year. I think reading and Leeds are going to go back to traditional headliners. Maybe with one co-headline. 

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It'll be similar to The Vaccines this year. Played everywhere last Summer on the release of the album and then a year later are R&L exclusives (I think - they're not playing anywhere else major at least), justifying having them in a higher slot.

They won't have booked Catfish so they can bring them back next year as (probably) exclusives and justify giving them a sub slot or something. Wolf Alice could be the same although I'd expect them to release a second album by next Summer so are less likely to be exclusives.

Potentially they could do a secret set but I'm sure what I've said above will be the reason for them not being in an announced slot this year.

And like someone else said, it'd be their fourth year in a row playing.

Yeah that's not a bad shout. We'll soon find out though!