Tickets on eBay now!

Guest acidpod23

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have nothing to lose. They can't get their money back. If someone is willing to pay what they ask and take the risk, then go for it. I walked into the festival last year with my friends unused ticket last year. I tried to give it away last year for free on the Wednesday in Bristol but people were afraid of me!

would it be ok if the person coughing up the £800 was a regular joe who'd won big on the dogs then?! This attitude stinks, surely the biggest selling point of glastonbury festival would have to be its good welcoming non judgemental atmosphere........just so long as you are only wealthy enough to fork out £200 per ticket and certainly not £400.

Selling a ticket that can't be used for face value is one thing but the moment we accept it's okay for a ticket to be sold above face value we run the risk of condoning touting. The £800 tickets could have been bought with the intention of selling them on. Regardless of what anyone is willing to pay for the tickets it's wrong.

I was on an Oxfam training course and they really emphasised how much you need to check and what signs to look for. Also, 'secret shoppers' come in, as in people working for companies that check glastonbury are keeping to their contract for capacity. So people should definitely assume the worst, although some are obviously less bothered on the gates.

Selling a ticket that can't be used for face value is one thing but the moment we accept it's okay for a ticket to be sold above face value we run the risk of condoning touting. The £800 tickets could have been bought with the intention of selling them on. Regardless of what anyone is willing to pay for the tickets it's wrong.

I actully had this, I look exactly like the picture on my ticket same hairdo still everything as it was a pretty recent pic...I even wore the same bloody t shirt to be sure and the guy still made a show of checking the ticket like 5 times before he let me past.....considering I was weighed down with overheavy bags at the time I actully got a little bit antsy with him......no need if someones a spitting image to overdo the check and hold people up.

Not questioning you but everytime I went to the gate they didnt care one bit.

There was even a woman who didnt believe I was the person on the ticket and made me say my dob and spent an age looking at the ticket next to my face, in the end she just sighed really loudly and just said "go on in"

sound jeffie, really sound. Honestly, what difference does it make to anyone else on the planet if someone tries to sell their (now) non-refundable ticket for whatever price they choose? If someone has the cash and wants to take the chance why do you want to prevent that from happening?!

Its really pathetic to see such unwarranted bitterness & ill-will from people on here about something like that

I don't care if they are being greedy, my point is that its up to them & whoever chooses to buy the tickets...it makes absolutely not one ounce of difference to anyone else if they are profiteering w*nkers or not( I note that they have now been bought for the £800) And I stand by my assertion that reporting them to ebay and tweeting glastonbury about it is pathetic and as someone else said here very authoritarian!

I don't care if they are being greedy, my point is that its up to them & whoever chooses to buy the tickets...it makes absolutely not one ounce of difference to anyone else if they are profiteering w*nkers or not( I note that they have now been bought for the £800) And I stand by my assertion that reporting them to ebay and tweeting glastonbury about it is pathetic and as someone else said here very authoritarian!

Sorry Yoghurt on a stick but I fail to see what is difficult to grasp about my opinion on it, I don't have a problem with what people choose to do with their own property so long as it is not doing harm to anyone else.