Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I and others have said many times. First full on metal band at Glastonbury.

Michael Eavis has had a lot of reservations.

If there's a problem or anyone gets hurt.

Last full on metal band at Glastonbury - down to you boys, your choice.

Anyone slams into me or mine, they will fall over.

Wow

Isn't the major problem that a large percentage of the crowd won't be metal fans, so won't know of this 'code' you lot are talking about. A small minority of them might be pricks, and if they see a mosh they might take it as an opportunity to act violently. I was once choke slammed, full on, at a pendulum gig. Now, I realise that serves me right for going to see pendulum. But this is the sort of thing that happens when people who don't know the rules get involved in something that appears to be violent.

I'm still not buying the 'move away' line either - would be very difficult if it's anywhere near as rammed as it tends to be for headliners.

And penguin, I love you, and I hope to have some good times camping together this year, but please, for fuck sake, find the right apostrophe key on your keyboard! ;)

Hasn't had the pleasure of meeting couple of my mates who are going, trust, they won't fall.

But that's ok because according to you lot, you'll keep yourselves to yourselves, won't be inflicting yourselves on anyone else and know the boundaries. So no problem.

No not twelve just know how to have a good time and make the most out of a once in a lifetime opportunity..

And absolutely make sure it's a once in a lifetime opportunity from the sound of it!

I have to say the main effect this thread is having is probably making people like me think I won't go and see Metallica because it looks like it might get ugly.

Apologies if I've made you think that. All I was trying to say was that I would push back if a "pit" (now I'm using their parlance) sprang up and anyone I know got hit, hurt, moshed or whatever.

I hate the fact that some of the people on this thread don't seem to be old enough to know better. And don't care apparently.

They will be sat on the floor with there blankets

No I don't usually sit on the floor with a blanket during a headline set because I'm not an ignorant twat but I also don't willingly put myself in harms way and when some people are saying they will mosh and other people are saying they'll elbow people who mosh then I think best stay well away from that which will be disappointing to Metallica who are clearly doing something like Glastonbury because they want to showcase their music to a different audience.

I have to say the main effect this thread is having is probably making people like me think I won't go and see Metallica because it looks like it might get ugly.

Cant see it - The amount of hardcore fans that will be there are going to be such a small proportion. There might be pockets where its a bit lively but I'd be surprised if they were outside the main circle.

I was talking to someone the other day who was at the stones last year by the sound desk and he said there were punches thrown due to the crowding and people trying to get through to the front.

Chase n status was 'ugly'!! I wouldn't want to be involved in shit like that

I was at Chase n Status and saw no trouble whatsoever. In fact I saw some young kids acting really concerned for their friend who appeared totally out of it. Kind of restored my faith in the youth of today that they all stopped what they were doing to look after him. More the Glastonbury spirit that I like to see.

I meant my mates will be on the floor on blankets ;)!

Last year my 16 year old brother witnessed a bloke get knocked clean out at the Stones set for accidently falling over someone. Didn't do nothing wrong stall, just fell over not far from the front.

So moshing or not there are some planks out there who really just don't like people dancing.

Cant see it - The amount of hardcore fans that will be there are going to be such a small proportion. There might be pockets where its a bit lively but I'd be surprised if they were outside the main circle.

I was talking to someone the other day who was at the stones last year by the sound desk and he said there were punches thrown due to the crowding and people trying to get through to the front.

I agree it probably won't get nasty on the night itself just pointing out that this thread has the potential to put off people. It has a very un-Glastonbury feel. For someone like myself who has yet to decide where to go on Saturday night it's making other parts of the festival a more attractive proposition.

Shame!!! No need for that...