Justin Timberlake to headline?

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it is at all, just because I'm not into say Blues, doesn't mean I call all blues festivals an embarrassment? I don't believe all this 'V turned into a pop festival wah' shit cos truly, V has always been a pop festival, always had popular artists, whichever direction music went in, V went in.

I'll remind you Mel C played an early festival, as did Atomic Kitten, The Sugababes, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, all pop acts, nothings changed other than music itself.

Do you honestly think V would sell out and make all the money it is doing if it was just another IOW/T?

A bit of an over generalization there I think, as I dont think anyone on this forum that went to V last year is a 'snap-back wearing freshboy'. The kinds of acts that are being booked are just popular with people who have money to throw at a 2 day festival where they can see acts they like.

Edited by Will-2609

It's not the fact it's not a genre I like, it's the fact that everyone I see who goes to V tends to be some snapback-wearing freshboy going to get pissed in a field have massive banter with the lads. The kind of acts they're booking appeal to these people.

Yeah, but they didn't make up the entire lineup.

Did V sell out last year? IOW and T are much better festivals.

Aye but one band's had a long career, putting in the hard yards, to work their way up lineups, releasing critically acclaimed music. One has done feck all except write a couple of albums of background music, that middle-aged folk stick on in the kitchen whilst cooking dinner (I think so anyway; when else do they get listened to?)