The 2014 Prediction Game Thread!

Guest jump

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bullshit, much harder than last year. I 'll just have to randomly pick one of the bollocks suggestions to sub Arctics knowing it will be wrong. Or promote Jake Bugg. I BET THIS IS THE EXACT THOUGHT PROCESS MELVIN BENN HAS.

Yeah but they're guaranteed to play so you're gonna get points for it aren't you? In the places I wasn't sure about I was tempted to put random obvious acts like Catfish and the Bottlemen, as you'll get a point for them playing, and could get one for correct day/position (if you put them 6th main and they play 6th FR, for instance, do you get a point for right position???)

I'm pretty sure last year I gave people a point for having the 'right band' even if they were announced outside the positions in the game. So Will is right, he'll get a point for Royal Blood even if they end up playing on the FR (and that's why I threw Drenge and Blood Red Shoes in at the last minute although I forgot Royal Blood had been announced), although last year it was just bands appeared lower down the NME rather than on the FR. If he's got the days right then it's two points, however I'm not sure if predicting them sixth on main and them playing sixth on FR would get a third point for right position. That's just taking the piss. We've got a week to hammer this out.

Edited by mrtourette