Bin Kids

Guest bottonrob

is there a better way for Kendal Calling to address the recycling? our first year you could take your pintpot or bottle back to the bar and get the 10p deposit knocked off the round whereas last year you had to go to the depot's to do this... however both years we have seen kids rooting through the bins and fishing in the urinals to get these glasses, I'm not sure which is worse but nethertheless they'll then be passed to the blissfully ignorant volunteer staff at the banks to process.

Maybe put an age limit (16?) on returning glasses? or sealed bins across the site that kids can't climb into?

is this just me?

is there a better way for Kendal Calling to address the recycling? our first year you could take your pintpot or bottle back to the bar and get the 10p deposit knocked off the round whereas last year you had to go to the depot's to do this... however both years we have seen kids rooting through the bins and fishing in the urinals to get these glasses, I'm not sure which is worse but nethertheless they'll then be passed to the blissfully ignorant volunteer staff at the banks to process.

Maybe put an age limit (16?) on returning glasses? or sealed bins across the site that kids can't climb into?

is this just me?

Difficult one this. First remember seeing it at Connect festival maybe 10 years ago ( showing my age ). Seemed a good idea at the time and gave the weans something to do and let them make a couple of bob - harmless.

BUT as has been said, now the kids are raking about in the piss and hanging about folk waiting on their cups - disgusting. Think your right Al, what are the parents thinking about ( hopefully not the money ) !

When I saw this thread title I honestly thought it was Lochmonster wanting to Bin / ban the actual kids :P

My weans are still to young to run about on their own but I`ve seen this happening at a good few festivals. The more I think about it, it seems to be the norm now.

They would need to offer to big a discount to make everyone bring their own cup back so maybe banning it and providing more bins is the answer.

Rob mentioned recycling in the original post. At Kelburn this year you had to pay a tenner ( I think ) when you got your wristband and they gave you a bin bag. On the Sunday you got your tenner back when you returned the bag full of your rubbish. I honestly don`t think they were doing it to make money but no doubt others would. It just reminded everyone of the leave no trace idea. Seemed to work as well.

I've been going since 09 ! I've never taken my children because I love them .

They are now 12 and 8 I still won't take them cos I love my kids and don't want to expose them to the manc dealers !

If your kids were nice like mine you would have babysitters for the weekend instead of having to drag them to the fest and the poor kids have to watch you drink and update Facebook and Twitter all weekend !

Get a life and get a baby sitter teach your kids manners then leave them at home !

And let's return to the good days when the festival was knee deep in shit an the bands were ace !

Ban kids !

I have been reading this with much confusion.

Why do English and Scottish people craving for beer so much when the beer in there is so weak? Festivals in the continental Europe has much better beers.

Your culture of throwing away paper cups has caused this menace of children begging for them. Parents should be responsible to refrain from letting children beg or leaving children to do childrens things and not attend festivals and events where the use of narcotics is openly visible.

Should festival attenders not be allowed to take their own drinks into the festival like at Glastonbury? I have never seen children begging for cups there; is this problem at Kendalls Calling caused by the type of people who are attending?

I have been reading this with much confusion.

Why do English and Scottish people craving for beer so much when the beer in there is so weak? Festivals in the continental Europe has much better beers.

Your culture of throwing away paper cups has caused this menace of children begging for them. Parents should be responsible to refrain from letting children beg or leaving children to do childrens things and not attend festivals and events where the use of narcotics is openly visible.

Should festival attenders not be allowed to take their own drinks into the festival like at Glastonbury? I have never seen children begging for cups there; is this problem at Kendalls Calling caused by the type of people who are attending?