Bestival 2013

Guest JC-Mo'Fucka

I went to my second Bestival this year having had such a blast in 2012. I had another fantastic time in 2013. Can't say I particularly noticed a difference in the crowd between last year and this. The port was a fantastic addition though I didn't spend a great deal of time there beyond Friday - I was simply busy elsewhere.

I found myself saying to friends that I was with that next year I'll go to Bestival over and above Glastonbury. I've done Glastonbury for years so that's quite a statement to make. I simply had more fun at Bestival this year. The size of the site and the general friendliness of the crowd at Bestival suit me better. I felt Glastonbury this year was, on balance, made up of people who'd look at you as if you were a bit strange if you struck a conversation with them. I didn't sense this at Bestival.

I suppose it's all horses for courses....

Sean

It's weird how every year, the number 1 complaint of Bestival seems to be the crowd are young....I'd guess it attracts a young crowd every year and some of those stay on but don't expect the new influx of youngsters and some of their age group not to attend?

I will go one year when the lineup suits me, it sounds like you can have a real mixed time of it though.

I feel the same way, seems strange though as i was a Glastonbury obsessive, didnt do it for me this year though. I thought i was over festivals in general, then my love for them returned with bestival.

I went to my second Bestival this year having had such a blast in 2012. I had another fantastic time in 2013. Can't say I particularly noticed a difference in the crowd between last year and this. The port was a fantastic addition though I didn't spend a great deal of time there beyond Friday - I was simply busy elsewhere.

I found myself saying to friends that I was with that next year I'll go to Bestival over and above Glastonbury. I've done Glastonbury for years so that's quite a statement to make. I simply had more fun at Bestival this year. The size of the site and the general friendliness of the crowd at Bestival suit me better. I felt Glastonbury this year was, on balance, made up of people who'd look at you as if you were a bit strange if you struck a conversation with them. I didn't sense this at Bestival.

I suppose it's all horses for courses....

Sean

• 8 months later...

I think you are right in all that you said and where as I'd go to Glastonbury regardless of what the lineup, perhaps I ought to need to consider the demonstrations busy when arranging different celebrations. Well surely not long from now hasn't set another pattern and in future it will come back to the times you affectionately recollect.