Glastonbury Postcards Competition

Guest scmusic

Once in a long while it is nice to brag a little bit, and aside from the general smugness of being in possession of tickets for this year's fun and games, I can now add a little humble brag as a cherry on top.

I entered into the postcard competition run by Festival Postcards, who will be selling postcards on site, and I am delighted to say that out of the four winning entries, two of them are mine. The other two places were won by Twitter users @Didgelow, for a picture of the Pyramid Stage with the Tor in the background, and @MuldoonPaul, who won for a lovely photo of the Ribbon Tower at sunset.

For my own part here are my two winning entries:

Sunny Pyramid Field, 2010

4750214322_0d8298a8e9_z_d.jpg

Poo, 2004

4508145_bd08cb31f4_z_d.jpg?zz=1

I will be very excited to see these offered up for sale - all for charidee - once I am onsite, and to get a good look at the others on offer.

Funny enough that "poo" one has been around the block a few times since I took it, most years I end up licensing it out in one form or another. For instance one of the posh camping outfits just outside the fence asked to use it, and I agreed, for the princely sum of a couple of wristbands which will grant me and my Glasto-virgin fiancée access to their posh showers and loos. Happy days!

I can also brag as I won too for the Ribbon Tower picture :)

I'm so excited about the thoughts of seeing people purchasing the postcard with my picture on it. Do please buy all 4 postcards as proceeds from each goes to charity.

Thanks guys. It's my birthday tomorrow and this was a great pre-gift :)

I publish them on Flickr here and then blog about some of them over here

As far as I know it will be in the same place, over in that area. Up near the candle powered boat man? My recollection is a bit hazy from prior years....

Edited by secondtimelucky

Excellent, will buy these. We send postcards every year, usually with just a mud smear across it and our friends addresses who haven't been able to get tickets, ha, it's a shit joke for them, but when full of cider I still find it hilarious and can't resist.