thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left the NME tent at Leeds 2012 just before they came on, and faced a ton of lads piling in physically brawling to get as close to the stage as possible, chanting shit as they went.

That Rock n Roll eh?

Bands like them and Kasabian I have to listen to without trying to think of the hordes of LADS LADS LADS! who are adoring their every move.

That Rock n Roll eh?

Bands like them and Kasabian I have to listen to without trying to think of the hordes of LADS LADS LADS! who are adoring their every move.

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to see any of those bands live. The Arctic Monkeys crowd was bad enough last year. As you say, that rock n roll, eh?

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to see any of those bands live. The Arctic Monkeys crowd was bad enough last year. As you say, that rock n roll, eh?

Arctics were so good at Glastonbury and there wasn't any idiots in the crowd. However, I was so smashed I dread to think I was probably the idiot in that particular section of the crowd

Edited by Andy0808 v3.0

First year I've known it where we've only had 1 headliner and no idea to the other this close to the line up announcement

Im still being optimistic and thinking there is a good reason that it hasnt been leaked. V are more likey to keep a higher profile headliner secret than one that does headline slots every year

Im still being optimistic and thinking there is a good reason that it hasnt been leaked. V are more likey to keep a higher profile headliner secret than one that does headline slots every year

I hope so... So, the possibilities being thrown around this year are Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z... I'm also hearing (silly) rumours on Twitter that Jay Z & Beyonce would headline together, as part of their Mr & Mrs Carter World Tour... Do you think this is a possibility? Only seems silly to me because I wouldn't have thought they'd book a repeat headliner, only one year on.

V don't choose whether it leaks or not. They're not going to put less effort into preventing leaks just because the headliner isn't that high profile.

Nile rodgers better not headline main :/ Also I might be too young to get the reference

Are you serious? Nile Rogers is nowhere near big enough to headline main. He headlined the third biggest stage at Glastonbury, where he'd get a crowd at least twice the size as he would at V.

Also, the act is Chic, it's not a Nile Rogers solo act. The man already gets way too much credit without people forgetting the rest of his band exist.

I hope so... So, the possibilities being thrown around this year are Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z... I'm also hearing (silly) rumours on Twitter that Jay Z & Beyonce would headline together, as part of their Mr & Mrs Carter World Tour... Do you think this is a possibility? Only seems silly to me because I wouldn't have thought they'd book a repeat headliner, only one year on.

Doubt Beyonce would headline with Jay-Z. Surprised she isnt doing any festivals this year.

V don't choose whether it leaks or not. They're not going to put less effort into preventing leaks just because the headliner isn't that high profile.

V could put more effort into stopping leaks, such as only telling the minimum number of people that need to know and storing the poster internally and never putting it onto any cloud service ie Dropbox. It could also be because the new owners/head guys have taken over and they may have their own way of doing things behind the scenes, so less leaks/people told.

Are you serious? Nile Rogers is nowhere near big enough to headline main. He headlined the third biggest stage at Glastonbury, where he'd get a crowd at least twice the size as he would at V.

Also, the act is Chic, it's not a Nile Rogers solo act. The man already gets way too much credit without people forgetting the rest of his band exist.

i know he isnt big enough, but people on Facebook were worried about it. I have him down as Arena headliner if he is there, far from main stage. Yeah its Chic ft Nile Rodgers but the picture shown only showed Nile not anyone else, and he is more well known so he gets more credit.

For anyone interested here are the acts and their stage positions announced from the first announcement, so we should have a rough idea what acts would play where. Steve Angello was added later but Beady Eye would have been where he is, and the Saturdays were also added later so OCS would have had a slot on main meaning the whole main stage line up was announced in the first announcement.

http:///s/vc2013/?hl1=baseme,beyonc,calvin,deacon,djfres,ellieg,emelis,fun,gabrie,james,jamesa,jasonm,jessie,jessie1,kendri,kingso,labrin,lauram,lianne,maveri,maximo,oceanc,ofmons,ollymu,paloma,ritaor,rudime,scount,stereo,thecou,thefra,thescr,thevac,tomode,travis,twodoo&

V could put more effort into stopping leaks, such as only telling the minimum number of people that need to know and storing the poster internally and never putting it onto any cloud service ie Dropbox. It could also be because the new owners/head guys have taken over and they may have their own way of doing things behind the scenes, so less leaks/people told.

If they can do that with a huge headliner they'd do it with any headliner. They're going to do what they can to minimise leaks no matter who is headlining.

If they can do that with a huge headliner they'd do it with any headliner. They're going to do what they can to minimise leaks no matter who is headlining.

Just going by what other big companies do, if they are releasing something they protect the biggest thing most. If V somehow get Muse or Coldplay then they might keep it closer to their chest and not even tell family compared to if they get Killers or Snow Patrol, which they may tell family and friends about. Just a thought

The secrecy and Nile Rodgers can only mean one thing, put on your red shoes and dance the blues, mr jones is in the house

elvis is about as likely sadly :(

edit:although that would be the best thing EVER period.

Edited by Prat.