Put all your moans in here

Guest Toon Army

Do you think? Off the top of my head, I can think of probably 4 'big' Olly Murs songs (Heart Skips a Beat, Dance with me tonight etc.) compared to The Saturdays where I can think of a good 10 (like Issues, If This is Love, Ego, Higher, What About Us etc.)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why were people just naming each other...but Indie53 for sure

Olly Murs I think is a better singer than The Saturdays, and both have similar fan bases. I agree if Rochelle isnt there then they will flunk again. I wonder if Frankie will be with them as she will be quite pregnant but then.

Why were people just naming each other...but Indie53 for sure

Olly Murs I think is a better singer than The Saturdays, and both have similar fan bases. I agree if Rochelle isnt there then they will flunk again. I wonder if Frankie will be with them as she will be quite pregnant but then.

I'm not going to V this year.. but when I saw that lineup I thought

Ouch...

Yeah that's just me, but i've never seen a weaker lineup in my life, beyonce is the only thing holding it together and making it look somewhat attend-able. Don't even get me started on beady eye or KOL.

That is just me, i'm entitled to my opinion.

Even if it is a "commercial mess" that's just what some people want. Respect your opinion mate but there's a ton of very popular people here who a lot of people would want to see - there are no other festivals catering to such a mainstream audience, so what's wrong with that? :)

I agree that this year isn't the greatest, but i'll still have a good time because I love Kings of Leon, Courteeners, etc. plus i'll get to see a few cheeky pop acts who I wouldn't normal see, Mark Owen, 5ive, etc.

Beyonce is definitely the big draw for me this time.

Saying that, I probably wouldn't go every year if it wasn't so close to home.

Variety and less recycled acts.

As I've said but you've ignored, that's just my taste. Which i'm entitled to..

I'd say about 90% of that V lineup has played in the last 3 years. Which shows that V lacks imagination and only runs the festival to make money. Also the fact X Factor artists play is enough to show that V is a commercial mess.

My big moans is the fratellis and the pigeon detectives looking like they'll clash! There ain't enough guitar music as it is so they clash them. Looks like maximo and vaccines will also, reckon Travis and the courteeners will be too close together as well which is highly annoying

I agree that it doesnt make sense to clash Maximo Park and Vaccines, Travis and Courteeners might clash too at the end of Travis into beginning of Courteeners as you pointed out. Are you a fan of James? Doesnt look like they will clash with a similar act

I agree that it doesnt make sense to clash Maximo Park and Vaccines, Travis and Courteeners might clash too at the end of Travis into beginning of Courteeners as you pointed out. Are you a fan of James? Doesnt look like they will clash with a similar act

After thinking about it, its only really recycled acts because they are popular. If something aint broke dont fix it. People still go see the acts so V dont need to risk anything and dramatically change things. I think getting Beyonce was pretty imaginative on V's part, no one really thought they would get her especially as an exclusive.

Who do you think is placed ridiculously? Yeah some clashes arent great but if they dont want to put them any higher then clashes are inevitable.

If its that bad, why would you waste time going? Sounds like your just too tight to pay for the ticket ;)

After thinking about it, its only really recycled acts because they are popular. If something aint broke dont fix it. People still go see the acts so V dont need to risk anything and dramatically change things. I think getting Beyonce was pretty imaginative on V's part, no one really thought they would get her especially as an exclusive.

Who do you think is placed ridiculously? Yeah some clashes arent great but if they dont want to put them any higher then clashes are inevitable.

If its that bad, why would you waste time going? Sounds like your just too tight to pay for the ticket ;)

Beyonce/Destinys Child were rumored weeks before the announcement, and she is someone who played Glasto and T in 2011 so i think it was quite likely she'd have been somewhere this year. Fair enough of the european exclusive and the fact she has never played before. Kings of Leon just anger me at how often they show up, they're going to end up like The Killers headlining every few years.

Fratellis/Pigeon Detectives clash is madness, James Arthur fourth on stage 2 is crazy seeing as there is no album, i just think the whole under card looks shoddy compared to the top 3 on the main stage for both days. Although there are some good names on there.

I'd 'waste' my time because i live in Chelmsford and love going for the piss up with all my mates who rave about the lineup. I'm tight purely because i'm already doing a few festivals and have massive debts to pay off now i've finished university haha