Put all your moans in here

Guest Toon Army

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going this year (first time in 5 years), but James are my favourite band and whilst they are not a massive act, they would be more suited to a a higher spot in the tent, a band that has been going 30 years getting a 40 minute set is pretty lame. People will expect Laid, Sit Down, Sometimes, Frustration, Come Home and other well known songs, but the band will hate doing that, expect some older album tracks or a rarely played new song from their forthcoming album.

Same goes for likes of OCS, Deacon Blue etc. I would be more tempted if they tried to book a genre stage so you knew on the 2nd stage you were going to get the more guitar based bands, then there wouldnt be clashes.

What new acts could really be a good addition to V? At the moment I can only really think of Mumfords instead of KoL as they havent played before I dont think, but thats because I have just got in from my mums wedding and the drinks are kicking in :P

Think they should of tried to get a few more of those on the cusp of the main stream - V have a very pop audience and could use their status to push a few more.... perhaps they should've tried to pick up the likes of Jake Bugg, Kodaline, The 1975 etc...

Naturally Reading and Leeds are always first to pick up these acts, and that is why I believe Indie music will never quite make it back to where it was 15-20 years ago, because its positioning is always considered alternative to the main stream.

Jake Bugg and The 1975 would have been acts I would have loved to have seen but as R&L got to them first V couldnt get them. Can someone name some acts that are available for V to make it less repetitive and have less recycled acts. No one can really name any :/ Unless you mean they should just beat reading to the acts :)

Do Maroon 5 or Pitbull ever do festivals? Bloc Party and Kraftwerk would have been good, but Basement Jaxx and Steve Angello shouldnt be complained at I dont think, especially Steve Angello. I think V need to be more competitive when trying to sign new acts as I do see your point that the current festival circuit is recycling acts, but its not just V doing it. Looking at past V line ups, there were good acts playing lower down and they have got bigger so they deserve their moment in the limelight and have a higher slot at V such as Emeli Sande or Rita Ora or even DJ Fresh, although he/they stepped in to be higher last year. If anything DJ Fresh has gone down a slot to sub Arena instead of second stage

Seems most people have done V before, and that would mean V have a lack of imagination. Have Black Eyed Peas done V before. I know they are on hiatus but they were great when I went to go see them, maybe V could be imaginative and get them for another year :)

Edited by daniel.k

Not sure if they did, but i think there's more chance of Will.I.Am solo set to be honest.

In my opinion they should get Coldplay and someone completely crazy and out of the blue.. Stevie Wonder or something haha.

Although Coldplay/Gaga would be more likely with someone who hasn't played in 10 years, and someone who played just as she got big and could now headline.

Yeah they would both have been good, but I would really only want to watch the show of Gaga, I dont care for her music much. Dont get me wrong shes a great guy but id rather listen to someone else. Coldplay will be expected somewhere next year, so they probably will increase their fee :P

Well, Coldplay have been there before as well. The only reason bands get 'recycled' are because they release a new album in the year they're on the line-up again. Yeah, Kings + Phonics have headlined/subbed before but its not their fault they both have a new album due/already out this year.

• 9 months later...