Suggest One Thing I must Do This Year

Guest beesboy

My first Glasto was 2011 and due to the mud, a large group of friends, most of who were pretty battered most of the time, and staying off site at one of the unofficial campsites, I feel that I didn't really get to see the best of what the festival has to offer.

This year the group is even larger, but 5 of us are staying in Campervan West whilst the rest of them plan on camping in Pennards. They'll all certainly be battered again, as will I of course, but I plan to try and do some stuff away from the group and see some of the things that I've missed previously.

I know a lot has changed on this years map but if you could only suggest one thing for me to do/see this year what would it be? At this stage all I have on my list of must sees is Chic/Portishead and Greg Wilson. I've no idea when Greg Wilson is playing yet but if it's Friday night around 10-11pm I might just kill myself.

By the way your suggestions don't have to be bands/artists. The Bimble Inn thread has inspired me as I didn't even get to the Park last time!!!

I think you already have the right idea - go off on your own for a while. Wandering about aimlessly is the best way to discover the weird and wonderful that Glasto has to offer. I'm sure other people will recommend specific places but the best ones are often the places you discover for yourself by accident.

Enjoy!

Erm. Thanks Payner. Do one Mike!

I've promised not to think about football again for a while after the emotional rollercoaster of the last few weeks and a week in a field in Somerset is just what I need to get over losing to a team from.......Somerset!!!

I will be with my Wife (although she's the biggest party animal of the lot) so some of the nice relaxing stuff certainly appeals.

My plan this year to discover new places is to take different routes than I normally would when going to other areas. Hopefully I'll bump into some of the secret places you hear of off the beaten track by taking the longer route.