2013 line-up

Guest insideaway

Dunno about Thin Lizzy being the band of the weekend but they were good and the weather was even still ok then! When I saw them in the Ironworks this year they were damn near sensational. One of the guys who was there has told me since with tearful eyes that they actually kicked the butt of the originals. If you could actually say they had an original line up as they went through members like nobody's business. Imagine being unlucky enough to see them with Midge Ure playing :) Phil's never coming back to prove himself better but the front man they have now is excellent and well worth seeing. There isn't much I'd go and see instead from this coming year's line up.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see Skynyrd! Like others are saying, if they can give us a set like Thin Lizzy did in '11 then it would be great!

Really wanna see Papa Roach, reckon Friday main will work for them

All I ask is that Alter Bridge don't clash with the headliners...

Hoping for Parkway to be involved , loving Atlas.

Would love to see InMe at Download. Seen them many a time in Aberdeen. Got VIP tickets on the last tour that made it's way up here. One of the perks was getting to meet the band and hang out on the tour bus and got a wee acoustic set. Thought they were are cool and welcoming lads. Didn't even have that forced smile gotta do this feel to it that I was worried about.

been out all afternoon. now now now then.

I know it's not me your asking, but IMO:

Overgrown Eden > White Butterfly > Herald Moth > Daydream Anonymous

Haven't really given the latest album The Pride much of a listen to so can't comment. I used to be a big fan, possibly of Iharris92 sized proportions, and still listen to OE occassionally, but I've found their more recent offerings to be something of nothing, though I like the almost Reel big Fish level of cynicism/self depreciation that they found on Herald Moth.

Also I met Dave (McPherson, vocals/guitar) at a solo gig in Woking and he didn't seem to have a lot of time for fans.... Though that may just have been because he was in Woking.

13 posts and he's making a late surge for douchebag of the year.

Congratulations on being around in 85, just means you're going to die before me and i'll get to see loads of things you don't.

In response to not calling any of those bands pop, you quoted someone with all of those bands mentioned and said something along the lines of 'if you want pop crap like that go to V'

1344424420318.jpg

Edited by Deckard69

Wow comeback of the century, I don't know how I'm going to go on having been burned that badly.

Seriously I've heard my 3 year old niece come up with better insults than that, I think her scathing insult of 'poopy head' is more cutting than you but then again so is a plastic knife.

Also thanks for acknowledging you're a douchebag, very gracious of you!