help?

Guest joshjameslaw

Hi everyone, a few months ago i bought teen ticket to bestival this year and planned to celebrate my 18th there as it is a few weeks before my birthday, i intended to go with my dad and a few of my friends who are over 18 but my dad recently broke his leg so he can't go anymore, and according to the organisers of bestival i cannot enter unless accompanied by a 30 year old, so i was just wondering if anyone knew any 30 year olds going that i could enter the festival with because this whole thing would have been a wasted 300 quid otherwise because i can't get my money back...i've protested to the organisers but they're having none of it, thanks

I thought so but i spoke to them and it has to be a 30 year old because last year it was 21 and they want to avoid massive groups of people my age ruining it for everyone else and they'll be ID'ing and i probably could find a 30 year old there but it's a long way to go and just come back in case i don't find anyone haha

Just had a look at the website and it says;

3/ Teen (age 13-17) Tickets can only be purchased by persons over the age of 30.

4/ By purchasing a Child (age 12 & under) Ticket or a Teen (age 13-17) Ticket you are confirming that you are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian of the teen or child for whom you are purchasing.

5/ Child and Teen ticket holders can only enter the festival with the person who purchased their ticket i.e. their parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian. Any Teen Ticket holders attempting to enter the festival without this person will be denied entry to the festival. For safety reasons, any persons attempting to enter the festival with a Child Ticket holder that they are not the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian for will be denied entry.

6/ Nominated Guardians must complete a Non-Legal Guardianship Form and bring this with them to the festival. As with parents and Legal Guardians, the nominated guardian must be over the age of 30 to accompany a child or teen to the festival and comply with the other rules regarding entry.

If they keep to those stipulations then it doesn't matter if you did find somebody who is 30 because they'd still not let you in if that person wasn't the person who bought you the teen ticket. Even a nominated guardian has to bring a Non-Legal Guardianship Form. Also, they'll not admit any adult caught trying to get you in.

Unfortunately I'd say your up shit creek without a paddle having read that lot.

we have a girl in our group who's 17 and will be 18 about 2 weeks after the festival and she has got an adult ticket....

her sister who is 27 will be there but she is apparently not deemed responsible enough.... frustrating as hell. all i can say is i hope they are relatively lax on the gates....

she doesnt even try to drink the 17 year old and she has been with us at glasto for the past 3 years, same group of people. its very annoying.

I got ID'd when I got my wristband last year but I thought it was just for ease of getting served at the bar. I'd do these 2 things ring your ticket provider because they can speak to the promoter see if anything can be done, your dad breaking his leg is abit unavoidable and if not just blag it.