Reading 2012 Camping

Guest Stepup2freegaza

I'm going to Reading Festival 2012 with 8 other mates aged 16-18, and we've never been before.

I'm just wondering what the best campsite for us would be? We want somewhere lively, but with a nice vibe. We don't really care about people making noise or being up all night, we just don't want to be anythwere that smells, or somewhere where it's likely we'll have stuff nicked, or people throwing up on our tents. We're up for a laugh and just wanna have a good time.

Any suggestions?

Also, what is the general atmosphere like at different camps, I've heard there are some that are notorious for being filled with drunk chavs etc, haha.

Cheers,

I say go for Red, good party vibe but it's not full of 12 year olds who've had half a can of cider and think they're hard.

Don't leave valuables in tents wherever you are, if you do you're stupid and you deserve to have them stolen. Don't bring valuables, if you do, keep them in zipped pockets. If I see someone crying over a broken iPhone I will kick them in the face and shout natural selection.

Everywhere smells but you won't notice it as long as you don't shower. Anywhere near the longdrops will be worse though.

Near a path - More likely to be robbed

Near the longdrops - You'll smell shit all the time

Too close to a wall/ bush - You'll be swimming in piss by the end of it, they are used as urinals and sometimes more than that.

As has been said, closer to arena is usually more "lively"

We get there about 10/11am wednesday and they generally open the gates at 12pm when the insurance kicks in, 6pm is like the official time but they always open the gates earlier.

Set your tents up with gaps wednesday then shift them up for thursday goers if you want a failsafe for losing spaces.

Edited by Mega Ross

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed in yellow last year and it was fine, I expected it to be more rowdy to be honest. I think every camp site has its own fair share of "chavs" and every camp site is prone to theft as much as all the others.

I'd recommend yellow, don't be put off by everyone saying it's the most mental!