Who else can we expect to be announced?

Guest Vfestival_alan

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite easy really when you look at the writing but I'll have a guess.

David Guetta for 4music and I'd have said Tinie Tempah too but he's 3rd down on The Killers day I'd say with apparantly it's said SHM taking the other 4music.

Nicki Minaj I'd say will be 3rd down Roses day, Ed Sheeran 4th down.

On the poster bascially you have 16 big names. on the lineup you have for eg. 8 bands playing main a day with 11 on 4music, that's a rough eg. so 4 to play slots 3,4, 5 and 6 on main each day, 4 to play slots 1,2,3 and 4 on 4music each day which is 16 then you have the additions of SHM maybe to consider and Jessie J.

The Vaccines by now are taking at least a 5th place/maybe 6th on main out of 8 and a 4th place tops on 4music out of 11, that's more feasible, but I don't see them playing the Arena at all.

At R&L, they'll get a 5th place main spot i'd say out of 10 or 9 spaces. It's 3 above anything they get on main at V and 4music isn't an NME bumming stage is it.

im most looking forward to the announcement for the 4th stage, now called the undercover from virgin media stage i believe.

always get a few nice suprises in there and tends to be a few more guitar bands as well.

looking at last year there was the likes of i am kloot, gomez, airborne toxic event, the pierces etc and in previous years it has seen the likes of mystery jets, pete doherty, british sea power, howling bells, phoenix, charlatans, air, mark lanegan, tricky, frightened rabbit etc. all of whom would be top additions to this years lineup.

this stage isnt announced until may/june though so a while to wait, but hopefully be a few nice suprises in there.

It might do and as I say I'm not saying it won't happen but all of them bigger sized bands on the poster will need decent slots. Plus there are a fair lot of medium sized acts below said.

NME award went to The Vaccines in the same vote as awards went to 2 of and of R&L's main headers and subs this year.

Hurts is the only band I can see that didn't appear to play R&L the year before going onto win NME new band award but I can see the really small lower casing so they might've done but I'd suspect they didn't.

I've got right back to 2004 and NME best new band always played R&L previous year, I'd say R&L is a given.

IMO

Mumford and Sons - Probs not

The Vaccines - Doubtful now i'd say

Vampire Weekend - Probs not

The Wombats - Played last year and i've seen somewhere that they aren't doing V

The Drums - Reading i'd say

Marina and the Diamonds - Maybe (i'd like this!)

Hurts - (Hmmm maybe not as didn't get a good reception last year from what I understand)

The Kooks - Maybe

Embrace - Possible but not fussed

Feeder - Again played last year main stage early and not got anything new to give have they?

The Pigeon Detectives - Just announced a small tour so maybe

Added to my original list:

Hard Fi - Played as special guests on the small stage last year so don't think they would as again nothing new since.

The View - I think Reading but maybe V

What do people think chances of Two Door Cinema club?

IMO

Mumford and Sons - Probs not

The Vaccines - Doubtful now i'd say

Vampire Weekend - Probs not

The Wombats - Played last year and i've seen somewhere that they aren't doing V

The Drums - Reading i'd say

Marina and the Diamonds - Maybe (i'd like this!)

Hurts - (Hmmm maybe not as didn't get a good reception last year from what I understand)

The Kooks - Maybe

Embrace - Possible but not fussed

Feeder - Again played last year main stage early and not got anything new to give have they?

The Pigeon Detectives - Just announced a small tour so maybe

Added to my original list:

Hard Fi - Played as special guests on the small stage last year so don't think they would as again nothing new since.

The View - I think Reading but maybe V

What do people think chances of Two Door Cinema club?

You can scrap the following bands/acts as they are playing Summer Sonic over the V Weekend.

Green Day

Rihanna

Jamiroquai

Sigur Ros

New Order

Franz Ferdinand

Pitbull

Adam Lambert

Death Cab For Cutie

Foster The People

The Cardigans

Passion Pit

Gym Class Heros

The Vaccines

SBTRKT

The Knux

Plus they have more TBA so worth keeping an eye on for rumours etc...

http://www.summersonic.com/2012/lineup/

Where did you get that from? I was simply giving my opinion on whether I think thoses bands will play V this year based on someone elses thoughts on who will be there.

I have been to V for the last 4 years as I like the mixture of Bands/Pop acts plus the atmosphere at V has always been good (excluding last year during the Eminem set when I left after 3 songs to see Calvin Harris because it became to clicky and chav dickheads were throwing bangers/fireworks about)