Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided its not raining whilst I'm pitching & taking down the tent then I dont mind what the weather is like (provided it not another noah type deludge).

Accuweather, Met Office, Metcheck, BBC all point to be good on Thursday with it changeable Friday, Saturday & Sunday.....those arriving Thursday might have pulled a masterstroke....

Provided its not raining whilst I'm pitching & taking down the tent then I dont mind what the weather is like (provided it not another noah type deludge).

Accuweather, Met Office, Metcheck, BBC all point to be good on Thursday with it changeable Friday, Saturday & Sunday.....those arriving Thursday might have pulled a masterstroke....

Spent the last half hour trying to work out who to see and who will clash. Im guessing the friday will be okay then saturday and sunday will be a clusterfuck of half sets and sprints around the park.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Saturday and Sunday will be a mare mate...

Must sees for me Saturday....Wind Up Birds, Our Fold, Edwyn Collins/Roddy Frame, Dodgy, Little Roy, Shed Seven, Catfish and the Bottlemen (hopefully Spring Offensive and Jake Evans). Probably finish with Dizzee and then a bit in the Chai Wallahs maybe

Sunday - Random Impulse, Hyde and Beast, We Are Scientists, Inspirals, James

Makes a huge difference have so many options...been a couple of years at the IOW where theres been 2 hour gaps between what I've wanted to see

Gonna try and check out random stuff inbetween the 'must-sees'...thats sometimes where the best bits of the weekend happen

Any idea what time you and Em are getting there?? We're thinking we should be in the car-park for about 11??

Anybody know of any local boozers within walking distance?? Thinking as the arena isn't open Thursday might fancy doing something a bit different

I had a vision during the Wickerman burning last night.

Wickerman is a festival that is clearly comfortable with its size whereas KC want to take over the world!

Once promoters get involved the main driver is money!

My post wasn't intended to be negative....it may never happen and even if it does it may even make it a better festival.

If KC is to continue to grow at the rate the new regime want it to, there will need to be fast return moneywise.

They have said that they are looking to increase the size....do you really think there will be any room for Emperor in the process? Is the hassel that the organisers have faced over the last few weeks really worth it? I'm not so sure!

Edited by Flaminglippy

What's peoples opinions about the lightening seeds slot then ? Can anyone see a last minute booking or do you think it will be a stage rejig ? It's getting late on in the day to find a suitable replacement.

Looking at the card there are a few bands who could make dual appearances and slot in quite nicely, Vintage Trouble performed in a similar slot last year and went down a storm, they play Sunday night so you would imagine there's a chance they could be on site, they seem to relish packing in live shows so they may be in with a shout. There are also a few others who would fit the bill nicely, sound of guns have some great material and are excellent live, not sure a midday time slot would do their set justice though, tribes are the same.

Last one I'm gonna plug for the slot is Benjamin Francis leftwich who's been headlining a few smaller festivals this year and is working hard to promote himself and build his career, his mellow approach would make a good sunny day opener