Queue Jumpers!

Guest sjp61

One of my biggest gripes this year has to be the people who try to jump the queues to get in and out. Our group joined the queue for gate D at around 1:30 am on wednesday morning. There was already an estimated 40 min wait ahead of us. There was a steady stream of people joining all night but as soon as it got light people decided to start a secondary queue. The male security didnt seem to care much about and people who had been queueing all night were getting a bit agrieved. The female security person went over to tell them to loin the proper queue and was threatened to be hit with a metal post!

My friend and I decided to help her out after that as the male security was more interested with his mobile than crowd control! we told them we all wanted to get in as quick as possible and said they should have got here earlier!!

What gives them the right to just join in wherever they felt like it?

Anyway, rant over!! Sorry but those types really piss me off!!

:):)

We joined the queue at 7am and queued for 4 hours before we reached gate D. We had a-hole queue jumpers digging in all over the place. I made sure they were pointed out and everyone around knew what they'd done. I queued with my parents who were attending they're 8th Glasto and they said this was the worst ever for queues.

Edited by BrendanCalls

The problem with Gate D was the difficult point at the top of the Harris fencing just before getting up onto the flat in front of PGD. It was slippery before the rain started, the camber is awkward and then following the rain, nigh impassable. Watching the queue from West 40 come in ahead of West 36 was galling too.

When I joined th q for Gate D at around 4am the stewrds said that the Gate A q just over the way from where I was was much much shorter.

I wish I had listened to them and moved. I was mightely peed off by the sight of the numbers of people being let through ahead of the 'proper' q into gate D.

We started queueing for gate D at around 8am. It wasn't until we got a bit closer about 30mins later we realised we were queueing for the queue jumper section (through the bush)! We spoke to lot's of people that just didn't have a clue what was going on or where to queue, there seemed to be 3 separate queues. We soon found the proper one. Took 4 hours to get in from there. Last year we walked straight in after getting a coach

no offence but more fool you for starting to queue at 1.30am, why the hell would you do that?! just sit tight in your car! you know it doesnt open til 8am. you'd still have been amongst the first couple of percent into the festival easily.

i think with gate D you're always gonna have this issue whilst the car parks are filled overnight. i would walk round to A as its much more of a public transport gate meaning the likelihood of fellow car people waiting there would be a lot less.

To be honest, it was not my plan to join the queue that early. We had planned to wait in the van and mosy down at around 5:00 to see how things were progressing. When we saw the length of the queue then we decided to joinit as it was not raining. After last years 4 1/2 hour snail paced crawl to get in in the heat followed by a 2 hour search for space for our group to camp we decided not to go through it again.

ok?

After shuffling along in the que for gate d for about 4 hours in the rain we watched the que jumpers coming through the hedge, it was about a four foot ditch in one place and watched in amusement as a guy rapidly decended with a full sack truck only to faceplant the opposite bank before sliding back to the bottom of the ditch to join his trolley. He didn't look like he new what day of the week it was when he got up. Karma can be a bitch...

One of my biggest gripes this year has to be the people who try to jump the queues to get in and out. Our group joined the queue for gate D at around 1:30 am on wednesday morning. There was already an estimated 40 min wait ahead of us. There was a steady stream of people joining all night but as soon as it got light people decided to start a secondary queue. The male security didnt seem to care much about and people who had been queueing all night were getting a bit agrieved. The female security person went over to tell them to loin the proper queue and was threatened to be hit with a metal post!

My friend and I decided to help her out after that as the male security was more interested with his mobile than crowd control! we told them we all wanted to get in as quick as possible and said they should have got here earlier!!

What gives them the right to just join in wherever they felt like it?

Anyway, rant over!! Sorry but those types really piss me off!!

:):)

There was a similar problem with the queuing system for the way into Shangri La, etc. Someone broke the barricades separating two lines and about a hundred people just pushed in the line. It really was like watching sheep run when being chased by a dog.

We were discussing this earlier, I'm not saying queue jumping is right, but to do with the fact there were people complaining about there being no organisation to the queues,

People were complaining at 4 am that there was no organisation, yet the festival tell you to stay in your cars untill 8am, how can you complain at them when it was completely your choice to queue at that time, no one forced anyone to queue early.