Kool & The Gang

Guest BlackHole2006

Yep, watched the first two songs Beyonce did just in case something special duetwise/coverwise was going to happen, but really found we were watching what I could only describe as VFest, Somerset.

Toddled off to Kool and the Gang and danced our asses off, brilliant. As for the Sexist thing, it was all a bit Rod Stewart, but then again they did write Ladies Night, so I think this could be forgiven.

Yep, watched the first two songs Beyonce did just in case something special duetwise/coverwise was going to happen, but really found we were watching what I could only describe as VFest, Somerset.

Toddled off to Kool and the Gang and danced our asses off, brilliant. As for the Sexist thing, it was all a bit Rod Stewart, but then again they did write Ladies Night, so I think this could be forgiven.

Went to see the Kaiser Chiefs and then Kool and the Gang.

Totally finished my festival on a high, they both had so much energy and looked like they were really humbled by the experience.

Didn't stop dancing to Kool and the Gang and I was pretty sober by that point (had to drive home at 6am on Monday)

Did Kaiser Chiefs as well, but ran away a bit early to get to Kool and the Gang. Grabbed a final Lemon Brothers and settled in. Exactly what I wanted. Lots of fun and danced my ass off. Thought there were a bit of sour grapes in the crowd after Celebration. I mean after that they were def. not coming back on. No reason to boo them for such a great show.

Then a quick run through the queue for a browse around the late night area. Watched the sun come up one last time. Three hours sleep and on the road (I wasn't driving)

Guest blackcockerel

I was hoping for more of the old stuff too, but after you left they did play 'hollywood swinging', jungle boogie, funky stuff, open sesame, summer madness and did some jamming so I was pleased!

They were best way to finish Glasto, definitely pulled off a fantastic set.

It's true they were saying this one's for the ladies a little too much but if we think back, Kool and the Gang come from an era of when sexism was just not a concept taken this seriously! In any case, it's still done today, mainly in the mobo genres.

For me, they rocked it with their music, singing talent, dancing performances and that good time disco feeling!