Underworld

Guest blackcockerel

Guest blackcockerel

Did anyone get a definite answer to this? Are they part of the late night thing at Spirit of 71 like Neil suspected? I seem to remember there was some doubt.

Cheers

Edited by blackcockerel

I'd love it if they were, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Every year there are all sorts of things that happen that no one heard of in advance and most people didn't know happened til after, so you never can say.

Underworld were the band that gave me the kick up the arse to save, get tickets, etc and get my arse back to glastonbury in '99, I'd LOVE to see them again.

Which slot are people thinking? As I remember, Neil seemed to think that they may be there as their sound engineer has been announced as working on one of Steve Hillage's slots.

I'm def planning on going to the Steve Hillage 71 band jam before Graham Coxon in The Park. I like the sound of this stage.

Which slot are people thinking? As I remember, Neil seemed to think that they may be there as their sound engineer has been announced as working on one of Steve Hillage's slots.

neil said the sound guy is doing steve hillage's system 7 set on the sunday night and quote "if thats not a tip for underworld then i dont know what is "

when i read it i knew where i'd be sunday night

Edited by ciderboy

Just checked the clashfinder, Steve Hillage jam is on Sat at what look like 1.15pm to 2.15pm.

Bit sceptical about Underworld. If their engineer only ever worked at their gigs, he would have a lot of free time on his hands! However, I've no plans for Sunday so may head up anyway. Are people thinking it's the 'experimental soundfield' slot?

Why would UW be at the Spirit of '71 stage? It dosen't make sense. They didn't release their first album until 1988 - or am I missing something? :huh:

Their engineers freelance with a myriad of different acts.

Why would UW be at the Spirit of '71 stage? It dosen't make sense. They didn't release their first album until 1988 - or am I missing something? :huh:

Their engineers freelance with a myriad of different acts.

Underworld existed under a different name prior to '88. In '88 they 'formed' as Underworld after working with Funk-tion One. Karl told efestivals earlier this year that they'd be at Glasto this year.