Blink 182 tour Postponed!

Guest spwan-of-the-devil

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the ones i've seen commenting.

i'm not a c**t and they're one of my favourites :D

just can't believe the negativity. did they want them to cancel the us tour that as already booked so they had two cancelled tours on their hands? yanks should get first tour anyway i think.

People have every right to complain, people aren't allowed to return their tickets because of Blink's decision not to offer refunds and when people were buying tixs it was for a preformance not to hear songs they haven't heard of before & are (probably) going to be shit. They also decided to push back the dates that would be cost effective for them next year to take advantage of the festival season rather than having the shortest possible wait for their fans over here.

Edited by jump

People have every right to complain, people aren't allowed to return their tickets because of Blink's decision not to offer refunds and when people were buying tixs it was for a preformance not to hear songs they haven't heard of before & are (probably) going to be shit. They also decided to push back the dates that would be cost effective for them next year to take advantage of the festival season rather than having the shortest possible wait for their fans over here.

They are middle aged men who sing songs about f**king dogs and how hard it is to be a teenager not some kind of ground breaking band that pushes the boundaries of music that need time for people to appreciate.

The older stuff maybe, but the last album, the self titled album was far from signing about that stuff and was a lot deeper and darker. I also liked how you dismissed the new songs and said that they are basically going to be shit without even hearing them :rolleyes:

I've always thought of Blink as shit, what they are is fun though but I have no pretences about.

Blink as a musical force were done years ago, even the band themselves got bored of the music & went off to do new bands as Blink couldn't satisfy them and with the delays to the album it looks they are struggling. I think you're gonna be really disappointed if you're expecting Blink's new album to be really deep & dark. :lol:

You've always thought Blink as shit, yet you got tickets to see them :huh:

And I never said I expect the new album to be deep and dark, I was stating that compared to the other albums it wasn't all about being a teenager and f**king dogs, it was a bit deeper and darker. I'll judge the new album when it comes out and I listen to it, not before.

Edited by jump

Or as I wrote I thought they were fun. :rolleyes:

I will too but it's hard as they keep struggling writing & recording leading to them pushing back the release date of the album back and cancelling shows to show off the new songs. ;)

Cost effective is pretty much sounds like what it means, they are organizing the new dates next year as it would be cheaper to organize than this year.

I was buying tixs to see them play in 2011 and that won't happen. I couldn't give a f**k about a new album and even if it hasn't been released why can't they play the songs anyway. They are middle aged men who sing songs about f**king dogs and how hard it is to be a teenager not some kind of ground breaking band that pushes the boundaries of music that need time for people to appreciate.

The bigger rip off is them taking fan's money for a show they refuse to play and then tell people they can't have the money back but instead we will but on another show when they eventually feel like it.

how are they refusing to play it? the tour was set up to promote the new album. the album isn't ready so they can hardly promote it with a tour can they? sure they could play it before the album is out but then you've got folk bitching about 7 or 8 songs in the set that they don't know.

I think it's taken so long as like I said before, Blink in a lot of ways seems to be the side project band to them now. Tom has Angels and Airwaves who are doing the rounds at film festivals promoting their new film and also have a new album coming out around November. Travis has been doing his solo thing as well as his album came out not too long ago and Mark has most likely been doing his thing in the studio and recording other bands. Whether this means the album turns out to be piss poor, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

It's not so much they are refusing to play but they have already refused to play, hence why they have cancelled the shows. ;) They are still very much on their comeback, playing 2 shows and a festival meant not all thier fans could see them (I was going with people who hadn't see them at their 4 date comeback). They could try an old trick of releasing singles of the new songs before the album is out and I've seen plenty of bands play new material before it's been released, last week I saw band play songs from an album that was released 2 days before with no airplay and the songs went down brilliantly. The hype from playing the tour wouldn't just suddenly go away once the album is released, the people who saw them play would still buy the album.

I have been waiting 7 years for new material from them. Speaking purely selfishly i am happy to wait until they are ready for them to play their next show over here. Having seen them play pretty similar shows in 2004 and 2010 i want to see them play new songs and more importantly i want to hear a new album.

Obviously priorities have changed and Blink is not the only important thing in their lives any more. From what i read from them though they are still very passionate about the next album and are trying their best to deliver it to meet the expectations. I am looking forward to hearing it, and looking forward to buying a ticket for the rescheduled shows off ebay.....Because ya know that is an option......you can sell your ticket if you are that pisssed off wink.gif

Edited by Jaybles