Blink 182 tour Postponed!

Guest spwan-of-the-devil

I have been waiting 7 years for new material from them. Speaking purely selfishly i am happy to wait until they are ready for them to play their next show over here. Having seen them play pretty similar shows in 2004 and 2010 i want to see them play new songs and more importantly i want to hear a new album.

Obviously priorities have changed and Blink is not the only important thing in their lives any more. From what i read from them though they are still very passionate about the next album and are trying their best to deliver it to meet the expectations. I am looking forward to hearing it, and looking forward to buying a ticket for the rescheduled shows off ebay.....Because ya know that is an option......you can sell your ticket if you are that pisssed off wink.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work abroad most of the time and don't always have access to internet so by the time i got to the ticket website all the London dates were sold out.

I was going to pick one off ebay closer to the time so will just wait a bit longer.

Just wait a bit longer until it gets closer to the new dates and demand will pick up again. Alternatively ill buy for face value off you wink.gif

Not really too easy for them to make constant trips over here no more as Travis will not fly anymore after the accident and has to get a boat across which takes a long time. In my eyes, even though it's very annoying, if that's the case then it does make a lot of sense to come over and do the shows at the same times as festivals.

Edited by jump

sorry, just checked my ticket and it was august. doesn't seem that long ago!

i don't think that point stands when we're talking such a far time away. say you get the 40 quid back or whatever it cost. does that stay in a stash for gig tickets? that you'll then dip into next may to buy a ticket for [insert big band here]?

And about the bit that you cut, in general would you pay to see a band when you've just seen them a few days before or after at a festival again. As I can't see every single person who bought tixs being hardcore Blink 4 ever type fans, the reason I got tixs was people I'm going with knew Blink weren't playing the fests they were going to this year and fancied a nostalgia trip.

Respect for fans, like the respect they showed offering fans refunds? It's a year not a handfull of months they are making them wait and we are not in Victorian times where boat trips takes months & is dangerous it's about 5ish days. It looks they aren't playing the same fests, thats why they added Scot & Ireland dates and will play English fest instead.

Well the good thing about festivals is that there are alternative headliners.

I never go to a festival for just one band so if i had tickets for Blink and then they got announced for a festival i was going to a few days later i would be fine with it. If i didnt fancy seeing them again i would watch someone else.

You don't know if they will play a festival that you want to go to next year so that is all speculation. Surely the fact that you paid for a ticket to see them means you want to go see them live, i wouldn't let other factors change that.

That's 10 days out of your life stuck on a boat going to and from America each time. They do have their own lives and I'm sure as much as they love the fans, their family and home life comes number 1, I know it would for me. If it seems easier to come over and do it all in one hit next year, rather than coming back in a few months and do the shows, go back and then come back a few months later to do the rest of Europe and festivals then that's their personal decision.

And on the festivals bit, I'd much rather go to a bands own gig compared to festival set. If Blink were to play a festival and I was to see them again a few days later, I was already going to go to the fest regardless of Blink playing as they wouldn't be the sole reason for me going if I knew they had solo dates as well.

This is the problem with them playing silly beggars and doing the shows so far in advance, it f**ks up next year's festival plans. You've bought your Blink tix in 2010 for 2012 and (let's say) Soni in 2012 announce a strong line up of bands you like and Blink are playing 2 days after, I wouldn't bother seeing them again and would rather have the money but if it was 6 months I'd probably would see them again but I have no option in this case. Blink are more of a band I like seeing rather than want to see as they just aren't a strong live act imo so need space.

Well i am in the biased minority here as i have always really enjoyed seeing Blink 182 live and some of my best gig experiences have been at a Blink gig so it would never bother me seeing them twice in close proximity. I understand what you are saying though.

Unfortunately its happened and you will just have to make a decision next year. Whether or not to go to the gig or to sell your ticket because you have a chance to see them at a festival or have something else to worry about.

Edited by jump

• 1 month later...

Just a crying shame that angels and airwaves continue to make crap music whilst +44 stopped after one album to solely focus on blink.

With regards to the new song, cool intro, tom's voice is just horrible now, they should just have mark hoppus as the sole lead singer and be done with it.

That new song is shit. Its like the self-titled album but worse. Why did they even bother coming back?

edit: At least Tom Delonge doesn't sound as stupid as did live and on record before they went on hiatus.

Edited by Greeny_Musicchild