The eels - confirmed for glasto

Guest modey

Don't know if thi has been posted but i've just had an email from the eels mailing list advertising the world tour and it's got glastonbury on it :D having never seen him before i can't wait, very happy :D:D

Edited by modey

Been announced for ages on his site. Eels also does not have the prefix 'The'.... it annoys me :P

But i'm really excited that they are playing. Incredible act.

Drat. I missed that one! Nice. :)

Haven't seen The The The for years now. Last time I saw them must have been a decade ago at least.

how does Matt Johnson get back together with himself? :P

They weren't ever really a 'band', as shown by the fact that Burning Blue Soul - which was originally released under the name Matt Johnson (prior to any The The stuff) - is now sold under the name The The.

(It's the best album he's done by a long shot - check it out!).

He played Glasto one year not so long ago (well, not so long ago for someone who's been going since '86 :P) - but as it's not listed in the line-ups database here then I guess it was in 2000.

They weren't ever really a 'band', as shown by the fact that Burning Blue Soul - which was originally released under the name Matt Johnson (prior to any The The stuff) - is now sold under the name The The.

He played Glasto one year not so long ago (well, not so long ago for someone who's been going since '86 :P) - but as it's not listed in the line-ups database here then I guess it was in 2000.

one of the most dissapointing gigs I ever went to was (The?) Eels at (the?) Royal Festival Hall. Blinking Lights had just come out, and without anytime to get to hear it, they played most of it, without any old songs at all. Very little chat to the audience... it was as boring as hell

I do think that's a bit unfair. E writes music as a way of communicating and dealing with his issues and problems over the years. Some of the subject matter is pretty heartwrenching for the guy, so it's pretty easy to realise why once a tour is over he might not want to play certain songs agin and leave that period behind him. He is one of the few true artists these days, he has never been about money and fame.... Just wanted to communicate with his art. That's what he does, and has done it perfectly with each album. He isn't going to play what people want him to, or what the record company want him to, he'll play songs that he wants to play in the way he wants to play them because her just isn't quite like other artists. It's not arrogance at all, he just has a different way playing. I'd reccomend his book if you;ve not read.

I'm looking forward to him. One of my favourite acts.

unfair...??

we'd payed best part of £200 between us and were bored... that's unfair

maybe he should have promoted the show as just the latest, unheard album...?

Edited by whisty

ffs..

I paid a lot of money for some tickets. Why am I unfair to express my disapointment. I never made any suggestion that I think every artist has to conform to what I expect. The album he was performing wasn't particuarly condusive to an interesting evening.... in my opinion

I was hoping to be surprised...

I was... for the wrong reasons.