I.D

Guest anything++

I was just wondering how strict they are on I.D at the festival from general experience. I'm 18 and so are alot of my friends but two of them turn 18 within 2 months after the festival and so were wondering how hard it would be for them to get over 18 wristbands using somebody else's I.D. Has anybody else had and overcame this problem in the past or something similar? Thanks.

I was just wondering how strict they are on I.D at the festival from general experience. I'm 18 and so are alot of my friends but two of them turn 18 within 2 months after the festival and so were wondering how hard it would be for them to get over 18 wristbands using somebody else's I.D. Has anybody else had and overcame this problem in the past or something similar? Thanks.

At Leeds last year the Q for the under 18's was rediculous, and we didnt see the point of them and to be honest nobody asked me once for ID at all, I was 21 though but nobody seemed to care tbh!

As long as one of you is old enough, let them get the beers in and you wait for them to bring it to you lol 'Beer Slave' sounds good to me!

No need (IMO) for ID at reading, the beer is way too expensive. As long as one of you is 18 (to buy and then take it in) you can just go to tesco and get a couple of 24 crates for a tenner which will do you nicely. I didnt buy a beer from one of the bars at any point during the festival!

ok, thanks. my friends always get into clubs with it I was just curious as to whether they're strict also at the silent disco event because my brother's girlfriend said that since it was dark she used somebody else's I.D.

Wasn't aware that you needed ID to get into the Silent Disco? Never actually bothered going to it before though so what do I know....

Anyway, seeing as some of you are over 18 anyway there really shouldn't be any problem over the weekend.

I was 18 last year and my mate who was also just about 18 but looks a fair bit younger both didn't get asked bringing alcohol in & I don't think we got IDed at the bar in the arena, but I didn't buy many from there so I can't say how often you would get IDed throughout the day.

If you had someone else's ID I think they'd accept it as they wouldn't be expecting many people would want to give their ID to someone who was going away to a festival for 4/5 days.

i had a college card last year, got searched on the way in and they accepted the id. Tesco wouldnt accept the ID, so got my mate to get some strongbow. The Toby carvery accepted my ID (if they asked for it, i was drunk i cant even remember), and then got one cider in the arena sunday about 3ish and didnt get ID'ed.

Over 18 wristband is pointless. Don't bother getting one.

If yout take your ID just to show it to get the wristband then you are an idiot because if you leave your ID in your tent the rest of the weekend it is more likely to get nicked rather than have it in your wallet for the one time outta twenty you get ID'd.

Last year me and my mate walked in with 2 crates of Strongbow out in the open, seeing it was my first fesitval i was clear on the rules (i was only 17)

now they've put up a new rule (don't remember it being there last year)

The following items are not allowed to be brought into the site by ticket holders:

- Any alcohol in the possession of anyone under 18