Future headliners

Guest j-j-j-j-joe!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biffy Clyro will probably headline R&L in the near future due to Sonisphere this year also it's going to be said based on their current popularity if it is retained after one or two more albums Mumford & Sons probably will but its way too early to say that they will or they won't in the future

Don't really see mumford and suns ever headlining 2010 saw a huge folk comeback which they were seen to have spearheaded i believe its just a short phase which will soon die out, the same with paramore and 'pop-punk' ones for the future, biffy, dizzie, blur, elbow, kasabian (played pretty much everywhere else now)

In terms of bands making the step up, i'd say...

QOTSA

Biffy Clyro

libertines (although they could easily headline now)

the enemy (with a couple more good albums, one of them being equal in popularity of WRLA by kasabian, then i can see them being in a similar position to kasabian)

Prodigy (dont think they've headlined a major festival)

Elbow (unfortunately)

Bloc Party (but i think they would have to disappear for at least one more year)

Vaccines (far too early to tell, but i like what ive heard of them, so maybe in 2020 they might headline ;) )

Pendulum (they need a big album first though)

It's hard to tell really because you dont know if bands will improve or not. Especially with new bands like the vaccines and Mona.

From the bands which are already headliners in their own right, but haven't headlined leeds/reading, id say the following could/will headline at some point...

Kasabian (think they're certain to headline in the next few years)

Coldplay (might not be the right band for the leeds crowd though)

REM (becomes more unlikely every year, but you never know)

The Verve (if they reform again)

U2 (probably wouldnt play anywhere but glastonbury in the uk (festival wise))

Pink Floyd (amaybe? dont really know)

ACDC and Aerosmith (might be the 'legends' one year)

How can you possibly kid yourself into thinking this will happen? Since headlining Download they have slowly slipped down the festival bills, and I seem to remember people being pretty unhappy about them headlining in the first place. Then take into account that their Reading set contained almost nothing from their new album. Not a good sign, it seems that even they have realised they've had their day.

I'm sorry, but I can never see them headlining. Their career is on the slide and they are only going to drop further.