More acts today

Guest Redwinevino

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really good stuff there guys, would happily see all of the named acts playin live although havent heard any James Blake yet. Really excited about Big Boi, BB King, Fleet Foxes none of whom ive seen before.

Also im glad i saw screamadelica live last year cos i will be headin down to the front before Elbow and staying there for 4 hours without having to worry about a nightmare clash :)

There's some great additions to the line up there other than Mumfords (I really do not get the fuss over them), Primal Scream and Laura Marling are my favourites but I'd give almost everyone on that list a chance depending on clashes

Edited by coma girl

Of all the comments BB King, quite rightly in my book, seems to have provoked the most positive reactions. One of my tests is "without X we wouldn't have had....." Without BB King we wouldn't have had so much. Can't say that about many musicians - even though he still can't sing and play guitar at the same time.

Nice to know everyone's so appreciative of a journalist just doing her job. :rolleyes:

As for the announcement, I'm very pleased. I missed out on seeing Mumford & Sons last year as I couldn't get anywhere near the tent, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm really excited about Fleet Foxes' new album too, so hopefully they will be good as well. Chemical Brothers will be excellent after a pint or two I reckon, not a massive dance fan but it's an excuse to dance like a crazy person. :)

I'm saying it ain't so! Jimmy Cliff is going to headline the West Holts during U2. BB will play before him (or even earlier given that he's 85 and can't do more than an hour, tops, these days) and WILL (I hope) be on stage with U2 for "When Love Comes To Town"!! :)

I'm saying it ain't so! Jimmy Cliff is going to headline the West Holts during U2. BB will play before him (or even earlier given that he's 85 and can't do more than an hour, tops, these days) and WILL (I hope) be on stage with U2 for "When Love Comes To Town"!! :)

Slight worry on the eavii's part maybe?

Here's my theory (it's only a theory so don't shoot me down). Quite a few younger people i know are impressed with the V lineup and are planning on not paying the balance and instead buying a ticket for V.

Appeared to me last year that there was a lot of big groups of younger people, far more than iv'e seen in previous years at Glastonbury and even more so at Bestival.I think it's the same groups that a few years ago would of been going to Ibiza or magaluf and now due to the bad exchange rate against the euro and the explosion in "festivals being the cool thing to do" are now choosing to stay and spend their money in this country.

In short what im getting at is, those without tickets need not worry, come resale day it will be should be a breaze because thousands of groups of teenagers will not be paying off there balance, instead putting it towards a V ticket . :unsure: