The Wickerman Festival 2011

Guest Guy Rope Tripper

We had the same experience and I was gobsmaked when they insisted the woman behind us empty out her kids baby bottle and feeding cup. There was one tap in the arena (unmarked and hidden behind a fencepost behind a gazebo) I only knew it was there because I've been to Wickerman for many years. Security pouring water on folks BBQs in the campsite saying they were banned while selling them in the shop on site. The noise from the fairground rides drowning out the music from the Go North and Solus tents. The beige main stage line up and sound problems all weekend. The Skiddle area pumping out inane dance tunes til 5 am at such volume that those not wanting to hear them had no option but to listen :(

The burning of the Wickerman lost it's meaning when the call to prayer drum was replaced by a lone piper playing happy birthday (whose idea was that FFS!) :angry:

I've said my goodbyes and plan to move on to festies which have the vibe that Wickerman once had but has now lost :(

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years gone by the festival was like Solfest is now. Many things now wrong with it. After this years crap and lack of customer service, means I'll be taking my money elsewhere from now on.

In my opinion they should be at the very least, making a public apology for hiring the cowboy outfit that set up the main stage sound system.

Totally unforgiveable for ruining the biggest headline act.

Attended Wickerman to see 2 bands. both were ruined due to sound problems...... Wickerman, sue the arse off said cowboys for fukin your festival up and give me my money back.