The Wickerman Festival 2011

Guest Guy Rope Tripper

But who is the so called old fetival favourite that seems fitting for the 10th year? It can't possibly be emmas imagination - dont get me wrong i like her but she doesn't fit that description. Wickerman is slowly losing its appeal every year. with the hitler security and the fun fair! Mini T! Heard eden is amazing like the wickerman used to be!

Oh and there seems to be activity on the wickermans facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/wickermanfestival?ref=ts

Edited by festivalchick77

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll enjoy James but didn't think they, or Feeder, would be headlining acts at a Festival of Wickerman's size and price.

Don't know anything about Emma thingwy but you the hype around her announcement is laughable. Festival favourite indeed.

The scooter tent could still do with another headliner. Ah well it's not all about the line up eh.

Tickets purchased from local record shop so looks like I'm going then :)

We're not camping in our usual place folks and decided to head for quiet camping after being kept awake til 5am every night last year by the horrendous noise from the skiddle area but all are welcome to come and join us.

We'll have The Wigloo :D

We're not camping in our usual place folks and decided to head for quiet camping after being kept awake til 5am every night last year by the horrendous noise from the skiddle area but all are welcome to come and join us.

Hi all!

Turns out we might be going to Wickerman this year, i'm pretty excited, always wanted to go but just never got round to it, partner & I just made the decision this morning!

We are used to going to Rockness so i'm after little information please?

How far away from bus drop off/car park is campsites?

How much of a walk from campsites to main arena?

What kind of alcohol do they sell on site? Is it the same beer & cider or do they have a wide range, oh and rough prices for these?

Also food, Rockness has the last few years had a wonderfull Argylle food tent with much better quality of food compared to the rubbish burger vans, what can I expect at Wickerman?

How are the crowd? Bit fo a weird question, can imagine just like any festival you get a few arseholes who are at their first festi away from parents! But all in all is everyone quite friendly?

Thanks

Hi all!

Turns out we might be going to Wickerman this year, i'm pretty excited, always wanted to go but just never got round to it, partner & I just made the decision this morning!

We are used to going to Rockness so i'm after little information please?

How far away from bus drop off/car park is campsites? From the bus drop off it's adjacent, and from the car park I'd say it's a five minute walk depending where you get parked and where you pitch up.

How much of a walk from campsites to main arena? No distance at all as for time it really depends on how buckled you are

What kind of alcohol do they sell on site? Is it the same beer & cider or do they have a wide range, oh and rough prices for these? It was Tuborg and Brothers last year they did have a small amount of other beers, such as Innis & Gunn, but they did underestimate beer sales last year and run out of draught, and had to revert to warm cans of cooking lager (Tennents).

Also food, Rockness has the last few years had a wonderfull Argylle food tent with much better quality of food compared to the rubbish burger vans, what can I expect at Wickerman?

How are the crowd? Bit fo a weird question, can imagine just like any festival you get a few arseholes who are at their first festi away from parents! But all in all is everyone quite friendly? Affirmitive, there are a few arseholes but generally it's quite chilled, quite family friendly so, hopefully, you should enjoy it.

Thanks

Anyone planning on heading from Dundee? Gonna get Happybus was wandering how long it will take? Pretty annoyed it doesn't leave Dundee till 130 but gates open at Wickerman at midday! Will probs be closer to tea time when we arrive :(

Hi Treacle, Just pick your area in Quiet camping carefully, if you get to far from the arena you get near staff camping and I have it on good authority that there is usually someone over there shouting to wake his crew up at around 5.40am :D:D