The Wickerman Festival 2011

Guest Guy Rope Tripper

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first acts announced :D

Feeder, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Damned, From The Jam, and Craig Charles are just some of the first names to be announced for the tenth anniversary of The Wickerman Festival 2011.

Highlights on the main Summerisle Stage include Feeder who will showcase hits from their 20-year career including 'Buck Rogers', 'Just the Way I'm Feeling' and 'Shatter'. The band's lead singer and guitarist Grant Nicholas said, "The Wickerman Festival's reputation precedes it as being one of the most diverse in the UK. This will be our first ever appearance and we're honoured to be headlining the main Summerisle Stage in their tenth year. Even better, playing on the Saturday night is an added bonus as it means we'll get to stay on and watch the wickerman burn!"

Further main stage highlights include Echo and the Bunnymen, The Hoosiers, Craig Charles with his Funk & Soul Club will perform the DJ set that follows the Saturday night wickerman burning, The Bluebells, The Dangleberries, and Stagger Rats.

The Damned, and From The Jam top the Scooter Tent line-up with Spunge, King Kurt, Middle Finger Salute, Department S, Diddums, Fire Exit, Berry Tweed and the Chasers, and Rudy Alba also on the bill.

Utah Saints, and Riva Starr are two of the headline DJs performing in Bass Camp Dance Village with the rest of the line-up yet to be unveiled.

Performing in the Acoustic Tent will be Andalusia, Andi Neate, Al Hughes, Baby Brave, Beth Fouracre, Earl Grey and the Loose Leaves, Fee Kenzie Mack, Lynass, Gillian Christie, Henry Johnson, Katy Carr, Martyn Wheeler, The Luke Barlow Band, Matthew and the Atlas, Modhan, Nicola Black, Pol Stevenson, Qiku, Roberto Cassani, Samba Sene & Diwan, Some Boy, The Loose Kites, The Sundancer, Swampstompers, The Hang Project, The Moonzie Allstars, and Whatever They Say.

Concluding the announcement are rhythmnreel for the Greenman Inn, with The Chihuahuas, and Inishowen Ceilidh Band confirmed for the Ho Down Wendy House.

Festival coordinator, Helen Chalmers, said, "In celebration of our tenth year we have extended our site to include ten stages so we can offer an even greater mix of established acts and future stars for the 15,000+ music lovers who will attend."

Pretty disappointed with that to be honest. I know there'll still be a number of acts to be announced so I'm still hopeful and it'll still be a cracking weekend, but that announcement hasn't really excited me much.

I love Feeder so that's grand. Other than that though, I'm not particularly impressed. The Damned will be good but I'm going to Solfest and they're playing there too. I'd check out From The Jam just to see what they're like, but I never got into Echo and I cannot stand the Hoosiers.

But one of the things that I loved about Wickerman last year was just drunkenly wandering from act to act listening to completely different music and discovering new bands, so I'm still happy!

more acts announced B)

Rising stars Rachel Sermanni, and Dot Jr are set to headline the Solus Tent at the tenth anniversary of The Wickerman Festival 2011.

The emerging talent stage of the festival, Solus celebrates the finest new acts on the Scottish music network - Rachel Sermanni will headline on Friday, and Stornoway musician and Dot Jr will headline Saturday.

Rachel Sermanni said: "I'm delighted to have been asked back to Wickerman after having so much fun last year in the Acoustic Village. It's a real honour to have been asked to headline Solus which has built such a fabulous reputation for showcasing new acts over the years. July can't come quick enough for me!"

A whole host of other bands and solo stars will also grace the stage including Jack Townes, Dam Mantle, Bear Bones, Blochestra, Endor, DeSalvo, Davey Horne, Black Sun Drum Corps, Randolphs Leap, RM Hubbert, Citizens, Vukovi, Miaoux Miaoux, Reverie, Letters, and Trapped In Kansas.

Festival coordinator, Helen Chalmers, said, "There is some amazing up-and-coming new talent in Scotland, and the calibre for this year's festival is phenomenal. For our tenth anniversary celebrations we are going all out to put on the best festival we can, and Solus this year will really make its mark."

More acts announced, this time its the dance village B)

The first acts have been announced for The Bass Camp Dance Village line-up at the tenth anniversary The Wickerman Festival.

Utah Saints, and Krafty Kuts lead the line-up in the Em-It tent one of two arenas in the Bass Camp Dance Village, with London-based tech-funk producer and DJ Meat Katie, Stockholm's Peo de Pitte, plus Mike Hulme, Easy B, Simon Jackson, Ray McKinney, Digital, and Scott McCormack all taking to the decks.

Simon Jackson, from the Em-It Tent, said, "I can't wait to get the crowd going for the Wickerman tenth anniversary: it looks like the best line-up to date. I'll be showcasing some great new tracks and I'm looking forward to seeing what the other DJs have up their sleeves for the weekend!"

In the Skiddle Tent is one of clubland's hottest figures Riva Starr, and underground club stalwarts X-Press 2, Dan O Donnell, Nelski who works alongside the likes of Chris Lake. They will be joined by by Wickerman favourite Matt Hinde, plus dance stars Tim F, Ginny K, Sonny Wharton, and some home-grown talent including James Ryan, Martyn, Tom Metcalfe, Lee & Jamie, Ki Creighton, and Jay/ Kev.

Festival coordinator, Helen Chalmers, said, "Bass Camp provides a pulsating atmosphere and with such an incredible line up of new talent and returning favourites we're guaranteed to keep the dance floors full."

Hope they get the other main stage headliner sorted soon

Is it me or are the announcing the acts very late this year , apart from the initial headliners plus a couple .

Dont know whether its a good or bad thing , hope they are not struggling to get decent acts

Was wondering the same thing, getting a bit frustrating seeing all the other line-ups being announced! :lol:

Two of us headed down to Wickerman last year and had a cracking time, so heading back down this year with an increased number of around 5 or 6. Looking forward to it (especially as its looking like my only festival of 2011), but a few confirmed acts would no doubt make it a bit more exciting!

• 3 weeks later...

Ive bought tickets early on but having second thoughts. Poor line up. Feeder and The Hoosiers?!? Was looking forward to something special for its 10th year. This will be our 5th year and have always been impressed but Solfest looks much better this time around. Is there problems booking bands?

Was there for first time last year with family and part of huge group and we all loved it. Four families already booked for this year but pretty disappointed so far not just by quality but by number of bands.

Don't quite get the hold up it certainly won't sell tickets and surely the vast majority of bands have tours and festivals booked well in advance . Slightly worried I should've held off till more announced.