Who should be subbing...

Guest jump

I really don't think 30stm will sub.

But appart from that I don't see a whole lot wrong with the top part of the lineup

Muse - Huge stadium filling band - they might be around alot but are still a worthy headliner.

Elbow - Likely to sub Glastonbury too - hard to complain even if I think they'd make a better 3rd from top, Homegrown.

The Strokes - Not close to the weakest headliner Reading could have got - headlined well before 9 years ago - New material

Pulp - Funnily enough the same sub as in 2002 - Actually a British band, always nice to see, part of a comeback - Reunions like this have headlined festivals before. Ask yourself if you'd rather have seen Blink or Pulp headline last year?

My Chemical Romance - Ok, dissapointing, but they're not set in stone headliners yet. And even if they are they are probably going to be better in the slot than Franz Ferdinand or Razorlight aren't they?

And to be honest there was alot of pessimism before the announcement this time last year. But Queens of the Stone Age and the Libertines both came into the fray pretty late on (at least I wasn't necessarily expecting Queens). Even Weezer was a huge lift to the lineup.

Far more worrying for me is a lack of strong bands around to make up the undercard...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paramore...

Now they're more or less a Hayley Williams solo act I can't see them ever them reaching the same dizzying heights as they reached last year prior to Blink 182.

"You know how sexy you think Hayley Williams is."

- Yeah...

"You know you want to be in the front row to take some photos of her."

- Yeah...

"And if we leave now before Weezer take the stage, we'll get a good spot for you to do that."

- Yeah...

"So what do you think?"

- I want to have a Yorkshire pudding and watch Caribou.

"Ok, we'll do that."

I know people would assume The Prodigy to have a higher slot in a festival bill than someone like MCR, but seeing as Prodigy are already rumoured on Efestivals to play, couldn't they be the sub to MCR, and then 30STM third? Ok, I know Prodigy are a lot bigger than MCR but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that MCR are going to headline seeing as they said they are going to top a festival bill this summer an Reading is pretty much the last festival left for them to headline. If Prodigy played I probably wouldn't see either, but it surely it would make the lineup look a lot more solid?

They could of eaily been booked mid-low mainstage last year, when RATM decide the wanted to play Reading they were shoved onto mid-billing and this all happened before announcement. Billy Talent have also headlined the 2nd stage at download yet appeared 7th last year at R&L. Them playing a lot of fests tells me that their managment went out to get fest booking and R&L was not one of them and the only band and a band rarely ever subs that has never played before.

Edited by Vacant0

I know people would assume The Prodigy to have a higher slot in a festival bill than someone like MCR, but seeing as Prodigy are already rumoured on Efestivals to play, couldn't they be the sub to MCR, and then 30STM third? Ok, I know Prodigy are a lot bigger than MCR but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that MCR are going to headline seeing as they said they are going to top a festival bill this summer an Reading is pretty much the last festival left for them to headline. If Prodigy played I probably wouldn't see either, but it surely it would make the lineup look a lot more solid?

over the last few days on forums and music web sites, i have seen rumours of the smiths being tipped to make a appearance. I LOVE THE SMITHS but my god i dont think they will do anything ever again. is there any truth in these's rumours???

it wouldn't supprise me if R+L have tyred.