The Park Special Guests!

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nearly got tickets for this. Did they play with the massive 'cage' with the lights? They did at Reading, even though it was under a tent, it still really needs to be dark to get the full effect. They didn't when they supported Deadmau5 & even though they were really good, it wasn't quite as spectacular.

I am definitely going to go see them again.

found that the special guests on the park generally tend to be bands who had not had anything out in while and are often in the middle of recording generally tend to be bands who would play high on the other stage / early evening on the main or side projects from very established bands / artists which are just getting started.

seen some great bands in the special guest slots on the park half of radiohead franz ferdinand etc they generally give you pretty easy hints in the daily paper i.e blues mans sideproject for the dead weather. I did find all the flags and flyers for biffy clyro a bit crass really wish i could have the hour back when i went see them

Plus we normally know by going on here who they are a couple of days before, the one I didn't have a clue who it would be before the actual gig was Thom & Jonny last year, but thought it was worth going cuz I didn't know who it would be, then as soon as I saw the stage setup I guessed straight away who it was - glad I went. Last Shadow Puppets, Pete Doherty, Hot Rats, Franz in previous years have been great gigs. Though they need to get Schlomo back again this year, his sets at The Park in 2008 and 2009 were brilliant!

I dont think I'm going to speculate after last year. I was going round the crowd telling everyone it was nailed on to be Chemical Brothers after some duff advice. The looks of horror when half of Radiohead walked out caused me to flee down the hill at close to lightspeed. They were baying for blood!

Noel Gallagher?

i know hes not recording or touring,but obviously is a massive draw and has the history with the festival,not performed it in a while(nice to have him and no hooligan brother acting like a chav!)

A few hits packed into a quick acoustic set mid day would be something great to catch!.