An act a day next week?

Guest sisco

How many acts do you think you should like in a festival lineup? Just a general question.

Now I have been considering whether to sell my ticket due to the amount of acts I really want to see:

Kol

Foos

Pulp

Kasabian

The Script

Hurts

Cast

Tinie Tempah

I'm also intrigued to see:

Beady Eye

The British Pink Floyd Show

Manics

The Vaccines

Brother

Now when i sew it written down i think maybe i should go.

Well bearing in mind that all the festivals I've ever been to one of two things has happened, firstly the people I really want to see clash and I have to make a big decision, and secondly after a few days of over doing it Sunday I quite often struggle to get off my airbed till at least half way through the afternoon, I would say that on average I manage to see about 10 bands! But I always just base it on the fact that I have in the past spent up to 75 quid to see a band I really like, so as long as the Headliners do it for me I'm happy.

How many acts do you think you should like in a festival lineup? Just a general question.

Now I have been considering whether to sell my ticket due to the amount of acts I really want to see:

Kol

Foos

Pulp

Kasabian

The Script

Hurts

Cast

Tinie Tempah

I'm also intrigued to see:

Beady Eye

The British Pink Floyd Show

Manics

The Vaccines

Brother

Now when i sew it written down i think maybe i should go.

Mike and The Mechanics!

ABC!

The Cult!

Big Country!

(added to the already announced likes of Boy George, Jeff Beck, Joan Jett, PIL...)

When did it turn into an 80's weekend!??! I wouldn't be surprised if the only soft drinks you can buy are made in a Soda Stream and you have pay for them using pound notes...

Thank God for We Are Scientists!

Got to have a serious chat with my lot about selling up and doing an overseas festival...this is possibly the worst line-up for a major festival in years...there was that interview with Jon Giddings where he said ''I think that Jimi Hendrix would approve of our choices!''...yeah, he probably got to see most of this line-up live before he died anyway...

Edited by Flaminglippy

Maybe. I think he probally paid quite a lot for the foos, kol and probally pulp.

Don't get me wrong there are some good acts but after having a chat wiv the missus I'm just not sure there is enough to spend a grand or so on.

I'm pretty sure 2nd on the Friday is going to be Libertines so your probally still end up going.

Scarlet mist?? Better than eBay??

Its the 'ethical' one...you can only sell for face value...

Yeah, probably right...effectively you've got 4 headliners...rather have 3 headliners and some decent afternoon bands. Tough though, wanna go and enjoy it but as you say, factor in getting there, what you'll spend over the weekend £1k for a couple is pretty accurate. We're having 10 days in Italy for that much!!!

Jesus Christ! Just had a look at the line-up...now, thats a festival! My missus would be bang up for it on the basis of Grinderman and PJ Harvey alone

Whats the score?? Easy to get to etc??

Edit...cheers! You've just copped me a right bollocking! Suggested it to my missus 'don't be so bleedin' stupid..we're getting married etc etc'...then I told her whos playing...'oooooh, has it sold out'