KASABIAN AND THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS TO HEADLINE ROCKNESS 2011!

Guest rapdeane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris nobody is doubting there will be a varied line up or that there will be alternatives to Kasabian, they are questioning the type that will come to Rockness because of them. I for one am a fan of Kasabian but having been to there gigs know the sort of d*ckheads that follow them, which does worry me a little. The type of people I'm refering to are the sort that are part of the reason I now do not attend TITP, I hope Rockness doesn't go that way!

The above paints my view in quite a dark tone when I'm actually far more positive than that! :)

Very unoriginal. Chemical Brothers will be amazing but hardly a big surprise booking. As for Kasabian, IMO they'd be best left to play TITP and V every year. To say i'm quite disappointed they're playing would be an understatement but hey ho, there will be other acts on and at least it's the Friday, I will be avoiding the Main Stage like the plague while they're on though.

As i've said before i'm not too happy with the direction the festival seems to be taking but we'll see. Connect had Kasabian headlining in 08 and they still had a cracking line up overall so there's still plenty of time for this line up to take shape.

Very unoriginal. Chemical Brothers will be amazing but hardly a big surprise booking. As for Kasabian, IMO they'd be best left to play TITP and V every year. To say i'm quite disappointed they're playing would be an understatement but hey ho, there will be other acts on and at least it's the Friday, I will be avoiding the Main Stage like the plague while they're on though.

As i've said before i'm not too happy with the direction the festival seems to be taking but we'll see. Connect had Kasabian headlining in 08 and they still had a cracking line up overall so there's still plenty of time for this line up to take shape.

Well happy with the Chems.

Didn't want Kasabian to headline for reasons already covered above but f**k it. Didn't bother with them at T so it will be a chance to see them perform their new album as well as possibly even more new material.

Will tomorrows announcement be the band that Rockness fans love then?

Kris nobody is doubting there will be a varied line up or that there will be alternatives to Kasabian, they are questioning the type that will come to Rockness because of them. I for one am a fan of Kasabian but having been to there gigs know the sort of d*ckheads that follow them, which does worry me a little. The type of people I'm refering to are the sort that are part of the reason I now do not attend TITP, I hope Rockness doesn't go that way!

The above paints my view in quite a dark tone when I'm actually far more positive than that! :)

I'll admit to being a Kasabian fan (dont shoot me lol) but I don't feel the need to attack someone that looks at me wrong, though like others I've seen it, more so at murrayfield than T etc. TBH I reckon if T hadn't booked them many times I reckon they would have played Rockness already at some point. They do have a electronic side to them which could translate well imo, their next next album could be full of the stuff for anyones guess. I wouldn't worry to much about their booking, as mentioned things still turned out ok when they were booked for Connect. Think that's enough positivity for one post lol

I dont understand how kasabian fans are all getting all this negativity, if you ask me last year at T in the park, all the arseholes i met were Biffy fans, and the year they were at rockness..... lets just say dont get me started!

I think Kasabian are a good signing for Rockness, its just a shame that they had been at T last year, thats the only bad point i can see.

To be fair every act at every festival is going to have some aresehole fans there, infact very festival is going to have some people that will ruin it for some others!

Well done rockness for getting two of my fav acts, and im still hoping Santa can bring me Daft Punk..... Please(i have been a good girl)

I dont understand how kasabian fans are all getting all this negativity, if you ask me last year at T in the park, all the arseholes i met were Biffy fans, and the year they were at rockness..... lets just say dont get me started!

I think Kasabian are a good signing for Rockness, its just a shame that they had been at T last year, thats the only bad point i can see.

To be fair every act at every festival is going to have some aresehole fans there, infact very festival is going to have some people that will ruin it for some others!

Well done rockness for getting two of my fav acts, and im still hoping Santa can bring me Daft Punk..... Please(i have been a good girl)

But so far Rockness has had a small amount of dickheads, although IMO there were more last year. Yes every festival will get dickheads but the last thing Rockness needs is more of them which sadly I predict for this year.

As for saying just get on with it, yeah brilliant. You try getting on with it while people are chucking full cans of cider at you or cups of piss like they were this year.

But so far Rockness has had a small amount of dickheads, although IMO there were more last year. Yes every festival will get dickheads but the last thing Rockness needs is more of them which sadly I predict for this year.

As for saying just get on with it, yeah brilliant. You try getting on with it while people are chucking full cans of cider at you or cups of piss like they were this year.