Rock am Ring 2011

Guest Squig

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

First time to rock am ring this year, Don't know what to expect as I've only ever done one festival before, but I love the line up at this years RAR so it should be brilliant!

I've got a few questions I'm wondering if anyone can help me with.

1) We're planning on getting to RAR on the thursday. How often do the busses from Koblenz to RAR run and where from?

2) Seeming most camp sites will be pretty full near to the arena by the time we arrive, where should we head?

3) The yellow shuttle busses at RaR how much do these cost? For instance if we need to go out and get more supplies from a supermarket Koblenz or Adenau?

First time to rock am ring this year, Don't know what to expect as I've only ever done one festival before, but I love the line up at this years RAR so it should be brilliant!

I've got a few questions I'm wondering if anyone can help me with.

1) We're planning on getting to RAR on the thursday. How often do the busses from Koblenz to RAR run and where from?

2) Seeming most camp sites will be pretty full near to the arena by the time we arrive, where should we head?

3) The yellow shuttle busses at RaR how much do these cost? For instance if we need to go out and get more supplies from a supermarket Koblenz or Adenau?

Anyone able to give any advice on driving to Rock am? We usually fly but this year Ryanair have decided to get a bit silly with the cost and cant find any cheaper alternative so just going to drive I think. Just wondering if theres anything I should be aware of or keep my eye out for when getting there or is it just drive up and get pointed where to park? Also can you choose where you park or do they fill up one car park then start on another?

best tip: be as early as you can. seriously. car parks and camping sites are spread out over the area and the later you get there, the further away you'll have to park and camp. also depends on which direction you're coming from, if you come in on a road from the east...the chances of you parking somewhere over on the west part of the track are...well...oyu know what I mean.

all other infos will soon be online on the rock am ring site, they always have detailed parking and camping site plans to download which are a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to give any advice on driving to Rock am? We usually fly but this year Ryanair have decided to get a bit silly with the cost and cant find any cheaper alternative so just going to drive I think. Just wondering if theres anything I should be aware of or keep my eye out for when getting there or is it just drive up and get pointed where to park? Also can you choose where you park or do they fill up one car park then start on another?