WHO WILL BE THERE

Guest Big Jock

Now we have the head line acts for main stage, who do you reckon will be on the line up under them and who do you think will headline the Big Top, any ideas :D;)

Some predictions:

Big Top Ladies night (any of the below):

KT Tunstall,

Amy MacDonald,

Cheryl Cole,

The Saturdays,

Duffy

Other Big Top:

British Pink Floyd Show (confirmed)

Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy

Two remaining Subs;

The Libertines (Giddings loves the Strokes so i can see him wanting Pete & Co.),

Lady Gaga or Rihanna (I think having a pop superstar worked wonders last year, and it's a good way to avoid repeats).

Amy Winehouse (returns next year, huge PR coup, she enjoyed the festival last time)

Lower Down legends:

Roxy Music or Brian Ferry,

The Special,

Madness (all available)

Outside of that, it's just the usually suspects, whoever is on tour that year, I'm sure some surprises will be in store.

So you wouldn't be slightly disappointed if you bought tickets to a major festival and they announced Gaga and Rihanna as headliners?? Have they really got strong enough back catalogues to justify headline status?? I'm not saying you're wrong (although, if I'm being brutally honest, you quite clearly are)...just interested because I would imagine there would be uproar if they were announced as headliners for V/T/Oxegen/IOW sized festies...

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

I'm not saying you're wrong either (all though you are) but are festival acts not about festival demographics? The only festival out of the ones you mentioned that Rihanna and Gaga would headline is V, because of the demographic. The others couldn't justify paying the fees and putting them second.

Go out on the streets, and ask who are the biggest Popstars today (with pop being the dominant genre in music currently) and see what response you get.

John Giddings said to me on twitter that he hasn't booked either sub headliner yet.

He asked me who I'd recommend.

I said to keep it balanced Libertines and Gaga, boom, but I said I'm a terrible person to pick becuase I've seen everyone and I'll just pick who my family wants to see.

It's on his twitter page if you search down his page.

Cool stuff. Nice guy.

John Giddings said to me on twitter that he hasn't booked either sub headliner yet.

He asked me who I'd recommend.

I said to keep it balanced Libertines and Gaga, boom, but I said I'm a terrible person to pick becuase I've seen everyone and I'll just pick who my family wants to see.

It's on his twitter page if you search down his page.

Cool stuff. Nice guy.

It would be nice to see Depeche Mode and Bad Lieutenant on the list :D

Let's see who's on the rest of the lineup first. U never know there maybe someone who suprised us all. The 2nd on the mainstage aren't usually too bad either.

I have said before I am very happy with the headliners so I was always expecting a lot of bands I don't like but.... Any of these in addition would be nice:

Mumford and sons

the ting rings

snow patol

the streets

willie nelson

brandon flowers

ellie goulding

marina and the diamonds

dizzee rascal

snoop dog

ray davies.

wouldn't mind seeing the Ting tings again they were low on main stage on 09 and I didn't know what to expect and was well impressed with their performance,,so they would be a good addition to one of the days along with mumford and son,and would still love Bad lieutenant to be in there B):D

Edited by Big Jock

Please, some actual bands The Kooks would sit nicely under Kasabian and Mumford would be a great lead into KOL.. Phoenix would also be a good Sub

I would also love to see Band of horses, Band of skulls, The Wombats, Whitest boy alive, Temper Trap or Silversun pickups on the list as well, the drums where amazing at Oxegen last year and would be a stellar addition.

for Florence is always a chance as well and its great live.

As far a a solo artist goes they are never going to top Sir Paul but Morrissey would come close ( I know i'm dreaming) if not Bowie or Prince :)