Pulp

Guest luckysalt

Back together, announced as headliner for Wireless festival in July.

Strong rumour for TITP, Isle of Wight and Glasto headliner on efestivals as well.

If it wasn't for Pulp, V festival wouldn't exist as we know it. They invented the festival back in 1996, wonder if they'll return to headline next year? Would be a great headliner IMO.

Would love Pulp to be there. As you say is it wasn't for JC V would not have happened, so I would like to think it's possible.

Although looking at the line ups in the late 90's to now would they want to perform on the same stage as all the X-factor, Professor Green & Co crap?

Think they'd be a great shout but I don't think they'd headline as most people of the kiddies at V wouldn't know who they are - they probably think of Jarvis like the late great John Peel rather than a musician.

I hope they play but it'd be horrendous to see them squeezed into the order between the teeny pop acts, they are too good for that!

Then again if we got Pulp Saturday and Foos Sunday i'd be ecstatic!

I am SO excited that Pulp are reforming, but I think V will be bottom of their list of venues for their big reunion. The average v-goer won't have a clue who they are, and although they did start V in the first place, the musical style at the festival has changed since then and I don't think they'd sit too well among ex-x-factor contestants and whatever is floating around in the charts right now. No chance, fingers crossed they play glasto!! I would love to see Pulp more than anything and yes it would make me return to V, I just don't think they'll play!

Comments like above by Vogue makes me laugh, it didn't stop The Verve headlining the other year did it? And the majority of acts that play V play Glasto as well.

I can see Pulp headlining V over Reading and Leeds, thats the festival thats had the drastic change IMO. V has ALWAYS been about pop music, its just pop music has changed. But I think V would still book Pulp as headliner, and whack Dizzee Rascal as second stage headliner, the punters would be very happy I reckon.

When you think about it, there isn't a lot of choices for main stage headliner for V next year.

Arctic Monkeys - but would they do it? they seem to just want to do Reading

RHCP - back on the scene but may want to do a more rock type fest like Sonisphere

White Stripes - Jack has said they'll be back together next year, has said in the past only wants to play fests they haven't done before

other than that I can't think of many main stage headliners?

Can see Chemical Brothers headlining a lower stage though.

Pulp would be a great headliner I think V stand a good chance at getting these to play. With the shortage of headliners im guessing somethin along the lines of

Main

Pulp with Sissor Sistors Subbing.

Take That or White Stripes with Daft Punk Subbing.

4Music

Pendulum with Mumford and Sons Subbing

Swedish House Mafia with Klaxons Subbing

Arena/Juke

Interpol and Chemical Bros

as fantastic news as it is, I doubt very much Pulp will play V now. Jarvis Cocker is somewhat of a shall we say "discerning" fella and I think he would look down his nose at V now (and probably quite rightly so given the chav fest it has become). If dates allow it, I would imagine Glasto will be the place they would choose, given that the audience demographic will be more suitable to Pulp.

So therefore the same would be for V too, festivals would have known that Pulp were avaliable at the same time, what you think V would have booked them as a headliner of a two day festival and then let them sub at another festival which has an extra day, would make V look very weak, they'd have put an exclusive deal in.

Im not saying they would have to be in the sub position at V, but im saying they won't be booked as last on main stage

But I.O.W would have to book headliners a lot earlier than V, due to it being nearer, hence why they've got sub. Foo's, K.O.L and Kasabian were almost all certain to be around and could have been booked a long time ago, hence why Pulp had to be put in sub.

To be honest Id expect V and Reading to have their headliners booked by now, Id say they wouldn't leve it any later than IOW. Other acts on the line up maybe, but headliners, all festivals are fighting it out for exclusive headliner positions.

IOW have probably only been able to book Kings of Leon on an major exclusive not because they've chucked loads of money at them but because all the majors have told them no thanks due to overkill. Thus IOW have probably said its a exclusive but really they probably have payed a very small fee to whack this label on them.