Glastonbury loses Battle of Portaloo

Guest Paul ™

The expected fallow year moved on a year, not 2012 canceled.

The decision was made at least 18 months ago and it was made public-ish last year in a Q&A session at the festival.

It was explained there was expected to be a price hike for those and other facilities in 2012, so they said no thank-you to that, we'll make 2012 a fallow year instead.

Not a story :rolleyes:

Edited by HurrahBrother

The last sentance says ‘My wife and I haven’t had a holiday for years, so we’re going to drive around the UK in our Mini and visit London in the summer for the Olympics,’. Has he remarried since his wife died or does this show what a load of crap this story is?

The last sentance says ‘My wife and I haven’t had a holiday for years, so we’re going to drive around the UK in our Mini and visit London in the summer for the Olympics,’. Has he remarried since his wife died or does this show what a load of crap this story is?

Edited by IamChappu

There was always going to be a gap year, the Olympics just made the decision easier as to when that would be and most of us knew it would be 2012 back in 2009. make no mistake the Olympics will be huge with knock on effects for the whole country. I for one will be going to Olympic footy at the Ricoh Arena and Eventing, cant wait. The Mail needed some news for a Sunday I suppose.

Not that I'm one to defend the Daily Mail but remember the old expression 'That's news to me.' Maybe the story selectors at the Mail knew no better or maybe they thought that what we've all known for a long while would be news to their readers.

Sounds like a good overtime and expenses number for the thousands of police who'll be drafted in for the Olympics. Cost that Daily Mail and you could have another story.

For god sack Paul stop putting bloody story's by the Daily shitbag sorry Mail up!

Your only encouraging them to do it! :angry:

If we all stop then they might stop...

However just in case you have forgotten..

Remember Kids when it comes to the Daily Mail Stop! Look! and Listen!

So Kids...

Stop!

Don't buy that sad excuse for a paper!

Look!

At money you have saved!!! It is nearly worth half a pint in the pub!

Listen!

To the brain cells applauding you as you opt for the preferred way of killing them off..

NME are now taking there stories from the Daily mail, now I can sort of forgive national press for not knowing, but surely name knew :P

EDIT actually reading, they are just adding the story and saying they knew all along :P I rekon it was wrote and then someone pointed it out :P

Edited by LondonTom

I've read loads of things saying Michael Eavis has denied the festival isn't on in 2012 because of the Olympics, but I swear to god in the Q&A session he said 2012 was picked as the fallow year over say 2011 or 2013 because of the games.

I suppose it doesn't matter, there's gotta be a fallow year at some point :-)