Legends of Music

swede

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

sounds like Metallica with Lou Reed talking over it

Are they actually really releasing this? In real life? Not in, like, a bad dream or something? I thought that turgid shite Mick Jagger and co released sounded bad enough (Superheavy or whatever, not heard much but enough to know it probably seemed like a good idea to those involved but not to the rest of the world) but this is just the worst thing ever. Ever. Still, I have it on good authority that Napalm Death like it and are going to release something with them playing the backing to Delia Smith reading out one of her recipe books.

Are they actually really releasing this? In real life? Not in, like, a bad dream or something? I thought that turgid shite Mick Jagger and co released sounded bad enough (Superheavy or whatever, not heard much but enough to know it probably seemed like a good idea to those involved but not to the rest of the world) but this is just the worst thing ever. Ever. Still, I have it on good authority that Napalm Death like it and are going to release something with them playing the backing to Delia Smith reading out one of her recipe books.

Yes, unfortunately, thats the lead single off the album.

As for SuperHeavy, its not the worst. I'm not going to rush out and get it or anything but its better than Metallica/Reed.

Jagger best vocal in a few years. which isn't difficult granted.

Edited by The Nal

just watching it now.

TOTALLY agree with what he says about biopics (about 45 minutes in...)

(oh yeah, the bit you pointed out)

what's the point of biopics? there's plenty of footage, real, actual footage of The Doors, Ray Charles, etc etc

I shudder to think what a Hendrix biopic could end up like.....

Yeah I love a good music documentary. I enjoyed Ray though. But not nearly as much as the real Ray Charles on the Piano Blues documentary with Clint Eastwood.

Music doesn't really get any better. Dare anyone to try not tapping your foot to this.

Back to the Stones - Good quality bootleg from the Exile tour. Audio only.

Edited by The Nal

New Waits album is terrific by the way.

Keith Richards plays the "metal" riff on this beast of a tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTV7Et4YTI

I was coming back into this thread just now to say how much I am enjoyin the new album. Hell Broke Luce is my favourite song so far. It's insane!