Guest oafc0000

Who should lead Labour  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who should lead Labour

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I am tempted to vote for her... It her vs David M as it stands... I like the fact that Abbott has done something other than politics in her life...

I think if Labour went lef then it is going to have to appeal to Lib Dem supporters more at the same time...

I may be phone-banking for Ed Miliband the night! I realy think everyone should vote for him (and Dianne Abbot second) because votes for 16, the living wage and a fairer taxation on the highest earners together with a high pay commision is desperatly needed!

Who here is from an affiliated Trade Union and is planning on voting in the election?

I may be phone-banking for Ed Miliband the night! I realy think everyone should vote for him (and Dianne Abbot second) because votes for 16, the living wage and a fairer taxation on the highest earners together with a high pay commision is desperatly needed!

Edited by Snufflebutt

Yeah its desperately needed if you want to bankrupt the country and lose the next election. Employers will just leave the country if you raise tax for the rich - and, more importantly from an election point of view, its extremely unpopular amongst the middle classes ie those who decided the outcome of the election. Things are different outside the central belt bubble....

Yeah its desperately needed if you want to bankrupt the country and lose the next election. Employers will just leave the country if you raise tax for the rich - and, more importantly from an election point of view, its extremely unpopular amongst the middle classes ie those who decided the outcome of the election. Things are different outside the central belt bubble....

D Miiband seems to understand this the most and is far more appealing to the electorate than any of the other candidates. That is the way Labour should (and wil) vote. Labour has a decent opportunity all things considered. The coalition is potentially unstable. Pick the right candidate and they are set up for 2015.

Wow, I didn't realise you were that kind of Liberal...

That's the same old tired argument that has been proven wrong so many times before. It was used against the NMW, against the £150,000 tax, etc etc etc!

Let's not forget that it was Labour who were the only ones in favour of the NMW and what happened in 1997? The country gave them the authority to have it introduced. People care more about equality in wage than you think.

D Miiband seems to understand this the most and is far more appealing to the electorate than any of the other candidates. That is the way Labour should (and wil) vote. Labour has a decent opportunity all things considered. The coalition is potentially unstable. Pick the right candidate and they are set up for 2015.