The Wurzels

Guest AM91

:lol: brilliant - absolutely brilliant

I remember them from my childhood and so wanted a bit of random silliness. Was right in the middle of the tent, and it was a superb atmosphere and a great singalong

I am a cider drinking - such a giggle, Ruby - brilliant and the danceversion of 'I've got a brand new combine harvester' - surreal B)

I didn't see them, but I've been listening to some of 6Music's coverage on iPlayer since getting back.

On one of Steve Lamacq's shows, he said he'd heard 20,000 people went to see The Wurzels and they had to close the field at one point because it reached capacity.

Not sure if that's entirely true, but good work either way!

Yes it's true about closing the Avalon field.

My sister was walking to their manager afterwards, she said the same thing about them opening on the Pyramid. Their manager said they wouldn't want to! They are down to earth guys who just love what they do, and like the smaller venues. So it's unlikely we will see them on the Pyramid.

i love the wurzels but it was so rammed could get anywhere near. still think they could do the west holts at least.

anyone who stayed on for The Avett Brothers missed an absolute treat - they were amazing live. they could be real stars.

The Wurzels were immense. We were right in the middle of the tent. Great bands, good chat with the audience and a brilliant atmosphere. One of my highlights for sure. Oh and the compere did say that the Avalon was at capacity but would I like to see them on the Pyramid? Hell no... it just wouldn't be the same.

There was an announcement before they went on stage that there was 20,000 in the field. I was shattered from a very late night and happily snoozed in the crowd but heard the entire set. It charged my batteries right up.

One of only 3 acts I saw all day!

I was chatting to them and their manager randomly that night, and they said they'd been told they'd broken the all time attendance record for the Avalon field with that show.

They also asked me to plug the fact that their version of 'Ruby' is now out as a single on iTunes, so, in return for that pint of cider, I shall!

We tried to see them, but couldn't get anywhere near, couldn't even hear them & it was SO HOT & so busy...that we gave up & went off to the Acoustic tent to see Michael Eavis in Conversation instead...

I think that they should've opened Pyramid instead of Rolf on Friday, Tinchy Stryder on Saturday or Yeovil Town Band on Sunday...