Readng needs to be more like Glasto!

Guest readingyid

I love Reading, but Glasto is amazing !! Why can't Reading have more late night entertainment? Apart from the silent disco there's not alot on offer! Also at Glasto you can take your own beers everywhere with you! It makes the whole weekend cheaper, and when you do fancy a cold pint there isn't the crazy queues.

Your thoughts?

It's a space issue really isn't it. Reading has crammed everyone into that weird bit of land sandwiched between a residential area, a river and an industrial estate and as such it's difficult to allocate any room for late night activities. I remember when the silent disco popped up... it was, and still is a good idea, but as with anything at Reading... there are too many people!

But, in all reality...

* Silent disco x 2

* Movies on in the main arena after the bands

* Rivermead club nights

* Fun fair

Festival Republic have made an effort. I just don't think there's a whole lot more they can do, especially when a lot of the people who go to Reading are younglings who wish to booze at their tents and have a fire. It would be nice I think if after hours there was an on site bar which was open. The VIP bar is open til 3...

There is late night entertainment, at what other festival could you burn everything in site, destroy other peoples property and ultimatly fear for your life,

I loved Reading, but I'm afraid it has got to a stage where their needs to be more entertainment or more security,

I think it does have a lot to do with the crowd, for example at Glastonbury people are fine with chilling around a campfire, chatting etc but at Reading it seems that a large amount ( not all) of the attendees need to be entertained, and if there is nothing provided thy will find ways to entertain themselves, unfortunatly this seems to consist of the things I mentioned above

I love Reading, but Glasto is amazing !! Why can't Reading have more late night entertainment? Apart from the silent disco there's not alot on offer! Also at Glasto you can take your own beers everywhere with you! It makes the whole weekend cheaper, and when you do fancy a cold pint there isn't the crazy queues.

Your thoughts?

Because michael evis isn;t in it for the money, loads of the budget goes into these areas

festival republic just want to make loads of money, to have more clubs they'd have to take use up are for camping, and less camping means less tickets thus less money

Also at Glasto you can take your own beers everywhere with you! It makes the whole weekend cheaper, and when you do fancy a cold pint there isn't the crazy queues.

Your thoughts?

Edited by south wales sara !

Noise is a big issue for Reading due to its proximity to residential areas. I'm sure that's part of the reason late night entertainment is limited. Whoever mentioned space is right too - it's sandwiched between the river, the railway and the town, and there really isn't room for the kind of craziness you get at Glastonbury.

Also, Glastonbury is an entirely different beast. I've never seen the amount of effort go into anything like it goes into the late night areas there. I love Reading, but I just can't imagine it ever attracting the same kinds of incredibly talented, creative people. I mean, where on earth would they put something like Arcadia?

(This is Arcadia, in case you're wondering.)

Noise is a big issue for Reading due to its proximity to residential areas. I'm sure that's part of the reason late night entertainment is limited. Whoever mentioned space is right too - it's sandwiched between the river, the railway and the town, and there really isn't room for the kind of craziness you get at Glastonbury.

Also, Glastonbury is an entirely different beast. I've never seen the amount of effort go into anything like it goes into the late night areas there. I love Reading, but I just can't imagine it ever attracting the same kinds of incredibly talented, creative people. I mean, where on earth would they put something like Arcadia?

(This is Arcadia, in case you're wondering.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...