scottish fitba'

Guest ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big clear out by us today

Graeme Smith, Andy Jackson, Peter MacDonald, Kevin Rutkiewicz, Collin Samuel, Cleveland Taylor, Jordan Robertson, Danny Invincibile and Scott Dobie.

Disappointed to see Jacko go but on the whole they were all expected. Can see Samuel coming back to haunt us tho :ph34r:

With Grainger and Duberry looking very likely to leave that means 11 players leaving in total. Happy to see Maybury offered a new deal as he is good cover at the back.

Only strikers to survive are Sam Parkin (out injured 2nd half of the season and has another year to run) and Stevie May (The Future! :P ) so looks like 2 or 3 new strikers coming in.

Latest rumours are Imrie, Nish and Sean Higgins from Dundee

st johnstone too? looks like there's gonna be a shit load of players club hunting in the next couple months. but i'm guessing there's many clubs like us who just can't affford to.

and also nice to see that more people are getting parcel bombs today. donald findlay is an absolute cretin but it's another dark day in this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no got faith in Harry Potter as he's too negative but have to say we looked fantastic tonight.

Would rather see us play 4-4-2 though as Miller and Naismith look far better as a pair.We looked better and came alive when Naismith ran inside.

Brown was once again shite in a Scotland jersey.He's great playing for Celtic,which pains me to say,but internationally he cannae cut it.

Interesting to see how we do against the Paddys who are the best out of the three others in the group.

brown is great for celtic? give me your glasses please. i think he's average at best. he's a fraud wearing that captains armband for celtic. glad levein doesn't see him as scotland captain. but miller is even worse!

yeah sunday should be a good game. hopefully they take a lot to the game. and hopefully there's a few more travelling jocks. tonight was an embarrassment. don't get why they have it in the one city where you have 3 games as an away for both teams.

yeah i'm not doubting his place in the squad. (though fletcher would be no.1 for me had he not been such a fud).

although i might not be his biggest fan though, how can you have the celtic captain in the first 11 and him playing second fiddle to kenny miler? who's never been a captain in britain as far as i know, and i doubt he's captain in turkey either.

So you're saying the captain of Celtic should automatically be the captain of Scotland?

Your argument is rubbish,Beckham was never a club captain but sensational as the national captain.

Miller is a far better captain and leader for Scotland then Brown is.If Brown can ever muster a decent performance for us then I may be willing to discuss it more,until then...get tae f**k :P

no, i'm saying that when kenny miller is your captain, eyebrows need to be raised. and you've got celtic's captain being overlooked. just an observation.

and i agree about his performances. but fact is levein has him in the team if he is available. seems strange that miller is higher in the leader pecking order.

The position of captain has no significance in football whatsoever. They should just give the armband to the oldest person in the team/ person with most caps (what they do in Italy) and be done with it. If the role of the captain is to motivate younger players around them (what metalimuse suggests) then I don't see why that would change if they aren't captain.

Edited by Snufflebutt

Frazer Wright signed on a 2 year deal, pretty chuffed with that. good solid centre half and another signing in before pre season starts unlike previous years

Killie are going to struggle next year with the spine of their time going. I'd tip them to be involved in the relegation fight